Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question Air tag notification

I bought one a couple of weeks ago and it's already telling me the battery needs replacing. What kind of useless tracking device is this..
Sure it was a new one? When delivered there should be a little plastic tab that presents the battery from making contact that you have to pull out first.
They take CR2032's and shoud last about a year on one battery.
This is precisely why I have one :)
I bought Mrs Q who is an Apple fangirl (she has an iPhone, an iPad, Apple Smartwatch, Air Pods and a Macbook) a set of 4 (along with holders) from the Empire of Evil for Xmas. She has put one on her car keys, one on my car keys which she borrows regularly and one in her purse. The fourth is spare. She did suggest to Youngest Q that she could have the 4th so we could keep tabs on her away at Uni but this suggestion was not well-received.

Sure it was a new one? When delivered there should be a little plastic tab that presents the battery from making contact that you have to pull out first.
They take CR2032's and shoud last about a year on one battery.

I bought Mrs Q who is an Apple fangirl (she has an iPhone, an iPad, Apple Smartwatch, Air Pods and a Macbook) a set of 4 (along with holders) from the Empire of Evil for Xmas. She has put one on her car keys, one on my car keys which she borrows regularly and one in her purse. The fourth is spare. She did suggest to Youngest Q that she could have the 4th so we could keep tabs on her away at Uni but this suggestion was not well-received.

Yeah I removed the plastic thing. It was working fine and then yesterday I had a notification saying the battery needed replacing. I literally only took delivery like 2 weeks ago. Though now, weirdly it's not saying that. I don't know if there's a way to check the 'actual' battery level - there doesn't seem to be a way. I'm on the verge of sending it back.

Damn.
I just learned about one thing that is uniquely good about Apple tech.
I hope something else evolves to compete with that...

I've been recommending these to a friend who is prone to losing things and panicking.

She pointed out that it's often her phone she loses. Could she put one on it and access that from her mac? Or is that unnecessary and she could just use Find my device?

#AndroidPerson

I've been recommending these to a friend who is prone to losing things and panicking.

She pointed out that it's often her phone she loses. Could she put one on it and access that from her mac? Or is that unnecessary and she could just use Find my device?

#AndroidPerson
It would still find it if the power had died on the phone I presume (as long there was a different apple device nearby).

Back
Top Bottom