Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who's going to win it? Poll - quarter final edition

Go on then, who?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brazil. I've said it all along.

Quite frankly I think the four best teams left are all on one side on the draw. That being said I think England could beat Belgium on a good day because we know how to play against them, Belgium would still win more times then not though.

I'm a bit suprised anyone is saying it might not be Brazil. They were devastating in qualifying, looked strong in their friendlies before the tournament and are warming to the job nicely. When they attack they look like no one else, a class apart.

I still think there's time for France to do a France and implode, otherwise whoever wins between them and Brazil will be in pole position.

I'd put England joint 3rd favourites with Belgium.

Brazil. I've said it all along.

Quite frankly I think the four best teams left are all on one side on the draw. That being said I think England could beat Belgium on a good day because we know how to play against them, Belgium would still win more times then not though.
The other side of the draw has 4 potential world champions. It would not surprise me who goes through and Brazil can turn it on.

England or Croatia are the two most likely from our side. If England make the final then they will need a hell of a performance and some luck.

I've voted England of course. But really... Brazil and France are the two favourites and that semi final should be a thing of beauty, but I also have a feeling that Uruguay or Croatia might ruffle a few feathers.

I've voted England of course. But really... Brazil and France are the two favourites and that semi final should be a thing of beauty, but I also have a feeling that Uruguay or Croatia might ruffle a few feathers.
When Uruguay and Belgium knock out France and Brazil, that's when I'll know it really is coming home!

Putting this here as well - as I'm not sure how I'd feel and I'd like to know what others think.

OK, here it comes...............England are very capable of getting to the World Cup Final based on the teams they'd face -

But then - to face anyone from the other quarters looks like an unlikely win......although the final is a one-off game obvs.

Do you agree and if so how will you deal with that? Is that so far above expectation they're heroes anyway, or so unbelievably gutting as how will we ever get that close again?

I do agree. How will I deal with it? Probably very badly.

As for getting this close again, I don't quite agree about that. There is no reason whatever why England shouldn't challenge for the WC in the future.

But, the reason we'd get that close would have to be largely because of the draw, that's been really lucky.
Yep. In future, it might be cos, like in say 1990, England have a really good team. tbh I think this team shows very good signs about the current systems in place, reflecting the successes at youth level. They are skillful and capable of bright, incisive, attacking football of a kind that can do well.

Will be overjoyed at the improvements made to the team. Pleased to know that we have a faultless manager who will develop the team over the next two decades.

Also...

Yes - so conflicted, it could be an incredible bitter/sweet feeling. I suppose we should ask a Dutch fan. They've had to endure a loss in the final twice.

Brazil v Russia final. Russia win.

That's a fix, which wouldn't surprise me. Tbh I can't see how Putin is ever going to let England win his world cup, (that he bribed FIFA for and robbed from us) for England to win it though would be the most amazing justice on that and make the win even more unbelievably stellar, if it wouldn't already be. How amazing we can even think that as possibility.

Back
Top Bottom