Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who would you like to see portray the Devil on screen?

DotCommunist

So many particulars. So many questions.
I just caught Ian McShane in Sexy Beast and thought he would make an excellent Satan.

Any one you'd think would portray the Prince of Lies well?

DC/Vertigo fave Preacher is in production so we will be seeing that version of Lucifer soon, the cherubic suave wine bar owner inna armani suit.

WD5-Luci-1.jpg

cigarette,photography,tildaswinton,babe,celeb,smoke-f3e507a700476f02051efc81c5a47730_h.jpg

eta: that is Tilda Swinton btw

Last edited:
I just caught Ian McShane in Sexy Beast and thought he would make an excellent Satan.

McShane has form for biblical stuff. He played Judas Iscariot in the 1977 tv miniseries Jesus of Nazareth - I remember watching it at school when the RE teacher couldn't be arsed to do anything else. Robert Powell of The Detectives fame was Jesus, which was a bit wtf.

Personally, I'd quite like to see Ice-T do it.

Jude Law might be able to pull off the cherubic suited manifestation. I need someone more dark and brooding for the role though. I think de niro shouted his way through the role once

Jason Isaacs would be my pick. Or Colin Salmon. Or Alan Rickman.
Hmm. Sexy devils are what I seem to be going for here. :D

If we want Coronation Street candidates David Platt pretty much is the Devil. Last time I saw him he was at some anger managment thing with the father of the kid he has been raising and his comments, attitude and effect were supremely satanish

...sort of going with the saturnine McShane vibe but as the more insidiously attractive and spiritually-corrupting Lucifer is my diabolic entity of choice then I'd go Performance era Jagger....

...Oliver Reed for the full=on smouldering sulphur breathing nun-screwing old nick himself...

Mick%20Jagger.%20%20Performance.jpg

D256d03960a74fad8ff67de3860d3b47.jpg

needs bluer contacts for it to work though.

To my mind the horns an hooves are bollocks nowadays. You want a figure who will offer you the earth in a suave way- and maybe not even the earth. Just this thing, a little thing. In exhange for, oh a token of respect. Nobody is scared by comedy demons no more you need the subverter side of Old Nick to come out now. The blue eye'd devil who walks away from a burning town whistling 'Time is on my side' by the Stones

Back
Top Bottom