Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which of these statues is closest to the Thames?

Out of those London locations, I'd say the Chelsea Physic Garden is closest to the river as it's right on Chelsea Embankment. But that's a replica apparently and the original's in the British Museum which is nowhere near the river.

Dunno about Horsham.

Out of those London locations, I'd say the Chelsea Physic Garden is closest to the river as it's right on Chelsea Embankment. But that's a replica apparently and the original's in the British Museum which is nowhere near the river.

Dunno about Horsham.
Clayton's nearer and wouldn't have to cross any roads.

Chelsea physic garden is walled and gated. Awkward for...research purposes. I'd think the Clayton at St Thomas's would be pretty near the river, though I've never seen it so can't be sure.
Entrance to North Wing so very close to river but don't know about obstacles/steps etc.

From what I can see the one at St Thomas would involve crossing a narrow footway over the lower level where the ambulances are which would be a bit of a pinch point and may slow things down a bit getting to the river if there were a lot of people there or for some reason you had a heavy load.

Inevitably there is a petition.

I prefer the Bristolian method but here you go anyway.

Guy's hospital I reckon. No wait, St Thomas'.

Always get them two mixed up.
St Thomas is the one with the clap clinic, opposite Parliament. Guys is the one behind London Bridge Station. Certainly not riverside.

Depends where on the premises the statues are. The wall of the Physic garden is only 20 meters from the river.

Bang in the middle, where the two main paths through meet. Titchy Park though so still not far.

Unrelated topic but I wonder if Edward Colston will ever be fished out of the harbour at Bristol.As a tourist attraction he might prove quite a draw as currently situated and quite clearly he has no other future.

Back
Top Bottom