Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Where should I go on holiday?

Well... Its been a long time since we've gone on holiday.

We wanted to do a road trip around England, Wye Valley, Chester, Blackpool, York and Great Yarmouth but today's prices are literally pulling down your pants and bending you over.

So, holiday for two adults and an 11 and 13 year old. We need a mix of theme parks, interesting stuff and beaches without having to travel to far for any of them. We've done Disneyland Paris and PortAdevtura in Spain.

So now I'm at a bit of a loss.

Dont mind where we go, but it needs the above.

Does anyone have any ideas? (also, if there's an opportunity to sea fish that would be a bonus)

For context, we can do two weeks in florida with all the passes etc and staying on I-Drive for £5k but that's not really what I want (and there's no fishing or beach)

Help!

Welsh beaches are great if you have the weather. Don't know about the other stuff though.

Actually you're right. It's not Florida but in Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire we have great beaches, sea fishing, and theme parks (Oakwood, Heatherton, somewhere else I've forgotten), Folly Farm, Manor Park Farm (Anna Ryder Richardson's place), Blue Lagoon. All within a few miles of each other.

Tenby it is.

AverageJoe take a look at Lanzarote. The northern part has some lovely beaches, there are some theme parks, the food is pretty good and there’s some great Cesar Manrique design.

I'd put a vote in for Pembrokeshire (or the area around Cardigan if you value beaches over theme parks).

Europa Park is in SW Germany near the border with Alsace. I've not been to the theme park but I've been to the area and it's stunning, Germany outside Berlin is massively underrated as a holiday destination and although far inland I reckon some googling would turn up some decent spas / Eurocamps / lake swimming nearby.

My little people are a bit younger than yours (11 & 6), but we had a fantastic summer holiday in Northumberland.

More beaches, and utterly deserted ones, than you could shake a stick at, an endless list of castles, nice towns like Berwick, Alnwick, Rothbury and Wooler, sea fishing trips, sea safaris for Seals, Whales and Dolphins, and hillwalking in the Cheviots.

We went to Edinburgh for the day (a hour from Berwick-upon-Tweed) the castle is excellent, it's a great city to explore, and it's got the Edinburgh Dungeon, or the nighttime ghost tours which are pretty good.

We got this place for £900 for a week in the summer holidays.

IMG_20210724_193456171_HDR.jpg
Everywhere else wanted five grand.

Actually you're right. It's not Florida but in Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire we have great beaches, sea fishing, and theme parks (Oakwood, Heatherton, somewhere else I've forgotten), Folly Farm, Manor Park Farm (Anna Ryder Richardson's place), Blue Lagoon. All within a few miles of each other.

Tenby it is.
You seen what accommodation prices around here are doing? :eek:

ETA: maybe I could sublet my flat for £1000/week :D

Back
Top Bottom