Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's your favourite Champagne & Fromage combo?

stethoscope

I think its probably Krug Clos D'Ambonnay 1998 (only £1750 now online from here). Love it with a decent bit of Grueye Du Jua Suisse (from my local supermarket here). I think it was my mate Jay who recommended them (he thinks himself a bit of a restaurant buff).

Where to go though? I even heard there's a bar down in Brixton these days that does Champagne and bites. I mean, really!

Id go for a good Veuve Cliquot with some quality Manchego from Castilla La Mancha. Then a saltfish pattie and a can of Ting to get rid of the taste.

As a staunch Right Conservative member (far too posh for UKIP) I prefer to keep it English; our wines are more than competitive with the frogs these days; try a Nyetimber Cuvee paired with what else but Colston Basset Stilton.

one simply cant beat a bollinger coupled with a good strong blue cheese imo. moet will do at a push
Moet is not proper champagne. It's OK but this is a nice everyday champagne, although it is a rose. It drinks nicely and makes a change from the "norm". F&M have it.
2093093.jpg

Instead of cheese, try it with Salmon keta
021260.jpg

You'd save money too. The drink is only £80, and the salmon keta is an absolute bargain at only £14,50.

Just read this
Champagne & Sparkling
Of the many simple pleasures in life, a glass of champagne must be one of the finest – the pop of the cork and the rush of bubbles always feels like a celebration. Fortnum’s wine cellar contains some of the finest examples of champagne and sparkling wine that anyone could want, from the modestly priced to the frankly extravagant. Please find a selection below, and select the categories to the left to browse our entire range from sparkling wine to vintage champagne.

No wonder I don't shop there any more. (Living in Spain sort of makes that difficult too)

Verve Click? Yeah salright. I've moved on. Clicks a bit common. The kind of thing theyd drink in Brixton

How very dare you! Dissing my taste in all things fizzy!:mad:

So pray tell dear sir...what does someone the likes of you drink that we commoners are not enlightened to? :D

So pray tell dear sir...what does someone the likes of you drink that we commoners are not enlightened to? :D
Anything under £50 a bottle is likely to be undrinkable IMO.

frankly im starting to think the premium forum needs a bit of a stricter entry code

Back
Top Bottom