Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Whats NYC like right now under Covid?

Funnier than he thinks he is.
I am due to fly to NY on 6th feb for 4 nights. have only paid deposit so far, so dont lose much if i cancel, but wondering how restrictive it is right now, and if its worth coming.

Whether i come or not is also dependent on my boy getting his 2nd jab, due on 20th Jan, as without that Im guessing things will be far more restrictive.

I know that bars and restaurants demand proof of vaccination before you can go in...
Thanks.

I'm ok, but little 27 who is under 16 cant get a covid passport, as Wales aren't issuing them, unlike England that do for over 12s. But i've checked and as long as I have his handwritten card from vaccine centre thats acceptable.

if you have a vaccine proof there'll be little restriction.
you'll need masks tho' pretty much everywhere, inc. on the buses and subways and commuter rails.
in my neighborhood and in the rest of manhattan for sure (can't speak for the other boroughs) restaurants and bars have requisitioned the parking lane and set up tent-like things, which are already winterized, and feb. is the coldest month here.

1311875944.jpg

if you have a vaccine proof there'll be little restriction.
you'll need masks tho' pretty much everywhere, inc. on the buses and subways and commuter rails.
in my neighborhood and in the rest of manhattan for sure (can't speak for the other boroughs) restaurants and bars have requisitioned the parking lane and set up tent-like things, which are already winterized, and feb. is the coldest month here.

1311875944.jpg
Many thanks. Looking forward to it a bit more now knowing that it shouldn’t have too much effect!

Many thanks. Looking forward to it a bit more now knowing that it shouldn’t have too much effect!

"they" say the omicron peak will have passed by the time of your visit, and so far (2 days into his term) adams hasn't said that he's going to impose any new restrictions, except for employees. from the daily news posted at noon today (which can't link over there):

On Adams’s first day in office on Saturday, he signed an executive order extending his predecessor Bill de Blasio’s “Key to NYC” policies. Those include requirements for people to show proof of vaccination at most indoor settings and a controversial mandate for on-site employees at private businesses to get jabbed.
New York City logged 49,724 positive COVID tests on Friday, according to Gov. Hochul’s office, a new daily record as the omicron variant of the virus continued to prompt an alarming nationwide spike.
Adams, who rode a Citi Bike to ABC’s studio on Sunday, said the city’s response would evolve with changes in the pandemic.
“If we close down our city, it is as dangerous as COVID,” he said. “That’s what our focus must be — so that proper balance of safety, keeping our economy operating is going to allow us to get through that.”

Wow!really wasnt expecting the complete paranoia in NYC over Covid!

Isn't there more than 2000 people a day dying of covid in the States atm? Probably something to do with that

Isn't there more than 2000 people a day dying of covid in the States atm? Probably something to do with that

Whatever the numbers it just seems there’s a level of panic I’ve never experienced at home. Allow your mask to drop, even partially, and you get abused by other subway users, visiting the 9/11 museum was even worse. Doesn’t help that everywhere you go has heating on full so it’s even more uncomfortable not to drop them just for a moment.

Yet the subways are as full as ever! If people are really that scared why not just stay away?

Has led to a humorous moment tho, my friend, who’s exempt from wearing one, was verbally abused by a woman who told him to go back to France if he didn’t want to follow the rules! 🤣 eta:should have said my mate is more Cardiff than I am, I doubt he’s ever been to France!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom