Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question What VPN?

Throbbing Angel

uncivilly servile
Carrying on from 2021's thread Recommendation - VPN preferably free, or inexpensive 2021 edition

I'm in the market again for a new VPN. The Nord subscription is running out soon. Stay with them but do the usual change my email address and pretend to be a new customer so I can get a 40% discount via TopCashBack, or is there summat better out there these days?

Articles seem to rate Proton's paid version highly, but 48 euro per year after the discount still seems a lot to me.

TopCashBack is offering these discounts at the moment.

Are any of these any good/worth it/highly rated by fellow Urbs??

1706908135167.png

That's my knee-jerk response, really it depends on what you need a VPN for.

Mainly used for using other WiFi connections and when making online purchases. I tend to just leave it on, though rather than turning it on specifically for these purposes.
Have used it when on holiday abroad to access things like the iPlayer.

I've got Surfshark , PIA (both through casback) and a free version of Windscribe all of which I use for foreign sports and film sites ( for me foreign also includes UK TV) . Not all streaming sites open with just one VPN. Happy with all of them although imo Surfshark's layout is better and it also has some static ips

I use Astrill, which seems to be the most consistent at getting round state blocks here. Shared with a couple of friends so cheap.

I've got Surfshark , PIA (both through casback) and a free version of Windscribe all of which I use for foreign sports and film sites ( for me foreign also includes UK TV) . Not all streaming sites open with just one VPN. Happy with all of them although imo Surfshark's layout is better and it also has some static ips
Cheers - will look into those
I use Astrill, which seems to be the most consistent at getting round state blocks here. Shared with a couple of friends so cheap.
Never heard of Astrill - will check it out

I need a VPN that will reliably let me watch iPlayer from abroad. The one I have now works for BBC Sounds, but not the iPlayer app. Any recommendations?

I need a VPN that will reliably let me watch iPlayer from abroad. The one I have now works for BBC Sounds, but not the iPlayer app. Any recommendations?

Have you tried clearing the cache on the Iplayer app then trying to connect?

Surfshark works for me in Portugal oo iplayer. They have both dynamic and fixed locations so plenty of options.

Nord has always worked for me in Greece for iPlayer.

If you've already paid for your VPN if try the cache clearing thing then I'd try uninstall and reinstall (may be trickier abroad? I dunno) then try again with existing VPN before investing in or downloading a new'un. #my2p

Back
Top Bottom