Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question What music service is best?

On Fire

I am not a fan of Spotify. I think Apple Music and Amazon Music are better. What do you think?
Currently I am subscribed to Amazon Music and enjoy the app and the higher resolution sound quality. I play music often on an Echo and I think Amazon Music has a better music casting system compared with Spotify.

I like the one where you don't pay a monthly fee but listen to the music files on your device, but apparently this is considered almost as ridiculous these days as reading books printed on paper.
That means you have to decide what you want to listen to before you leave the house.

I have Spotify at the moment (I tend to exploit cheap deals rather than stick with one provider) but YouTube music is best for content (though not sound quality).

I like Spotify as its algorithms are pretty good at finding me new stuff to listen to. Ive got access to Amazon music with my Prime subscription but found it didn't have the variety.

On the Duo plan, think its pretty good value for two of us. Haven't touched my mp3 collection in years.

Yeah, cos you can only get one album on an MP3 player ;)
MP3 player lol. Are you my mum? I have hundreds of albums on my phone but sometimes you want to listen to something new. Like the other day when the fella from Dr Feelgood popped his clogs and I gave them a listen. It took me twenty minutes to work out that they only had one song and get bored. If I'd had to download that off the internet, upload it to my phone, then realise they were rubbish, it would have felt like a frustrating waste of time.

I like the one where you don't pay a monthly fee but listen to the music files on your device, but apparently this is considered almost as ridiculous these days as reading books printed on paper.
All the music I own is on the SD card in the phone so if I get the train I can listen to what I want with no reliance on mobile signals.

I like Spotify and am very much looking forward to my stats of the year. I already know what my most listened to artist is. As it was in 21 and 20 and probably 19 if they did it them.

I am on my second cousins family plan. She is still a teenager and is funding my music along with several others. I should probably chuck her 20 quid to say thanks. 😄

I like Spotify and am very much looking forward to my stats of the year
I'm not. I can't be arsed paying for/setting up separate accounts so it will just show my kids' Nick Cope habit and random classical music/brown noise tracks that I use for sleep and study. I've got a feeling this year's most played track will be one minute and twenty seconds of aeroplane cabin noise.

i can't get on with spotify. It may sound silly but it seems music is jsut a commodity to them. Artists get a shit deal, and the idea of 'renting' music just doesn't appeal to me. That said, most of what I listen to is digital. I don't even have a working cd player anymore so all my discs are useless.

I've had Apple and Deezer when I got free deals but I often found they didn't have what I was looking for (both were a long time ago though, so maybe they've improved?). Spotify is more comprehensive but I don't like it and won't pay for it. Never tried Amazon or Tidal.

No streaming service. Almost* all my music goes onto a NAS at home and I can stream from that wherever I like.

*I haven't ripped any of my vinyl to it, some of that is just easier to torrent.

MP3 player lol. Are you my mum?

I'm ur mum too. Now go to your room and do homework. When you finish with it, erase it and do it all over again ;)

I've tried Spotify and didn't love it. One, they don't have everything I need. Two, they sound like a sucky company. And I would have to pay for premium because I don't do advertising, not in my bloody home and not in my ears.
So whilst it's an unsexy option, I've been downloading mp3s and compiling my own mixes or listening to whole albums. It's clunky but I feel better.

Spotify for me. They were the first to the game and so I'd already been with them ages before Apple and Tidal came along and I'm loathe to start transferring playlists when I see no real advantage to doing so. Also, I've got it on a family plan, and it works on my Echo speakers (unlike Apple music).

TBH I actually hate the Apple Music UI. I had it on a 3 month trial for free and I couldn't get on with it. As for Tidal, I'm sure the service is great but I just can't get over that ridiculous all-star contract signing ceremony which was cringe AF. Someone would really need to convince me it's worth the hassle changing streaming service at this point.

furluxor said:
I'm ur mum too. Now go to your room and do homework. When you finish with it, erase it and do it all over again ;)

I've tried Spotify and didn't love it. One, they don't have everything I need. Two, they sound like a sucky company. And I would have to pay for premium because I don't do advertising, not in my bloody home and not in my ears.
So whilst it's an unsexy option, I've been downloading mp3s and compiling my own mixes or listening to whole albums. It's clunky but I feel better.

actually it's sexier to maintain your own MP3 library / buy records / etc. paying for spotify is the basic normie thing to do

In this order, I prefer Apple, Spotify, Amazon, Tidal.

I used Apple when I've been given free 6 or 12 months subs when buying a phone or iPad in the past. Always ditched it for free Spotify for a while after. Then started paying for Spotify this year when I got some mad cashback deal through topcashback I think.

Amazon Prime music is okay but I hate the app.

I had Tidal free for 3 or 6 months and wasn't a fan of the interface but it had the largest database of music at the time.

Dunno who the leader is now or if that even matters much to a CIS white hetero fifty summat male from the North West.

I just wish they paid people better, bit also wish they were cheaper :confused::facepalm::hmm:

Back
Top Bottom