Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

what is going on at T Chances in Tottenham?

rutabowa

LOSE IT
Something very peculiar, I can't work it out from facebook posts. But it seems like the original trust who ran the community venue are claiming that it has been occupied by some nefarious types who want to sell it to property developers... Whereas the people who have occupied it a few months back are claiming that it is actually the original trust are trying to sell it to property developers (they do have evidence of a planning application submitted by them, but it is also being claim that was faked??!!).
So there are now 2 T Chances facebook pages ripping chunks out of each other, bailiffs, high court injuctions...

Here is the original trust's side of the story: TWSI Home T.Chances

Here is the occupiers side: NewChances Tottenham Hands Off T. Chances

It is all very confusing, I don't know who to believe, as they are both basically claiming exactly the same thing of the other group.

Lots of developments over last few days actually; I'm now pretty convinced the current occupiers are in the right. The fraudulent planning application seems to have been removed, but now the council are applying to dissolve the trust because business rates haven't been paid for years... it seems pretty clear the trust was infiltrated by people acting for property developers some years ago, and they are trying any means to get hold of the building/land:
Hands Off T. Chances

Back
Top Bottom