Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What group games are you most excited about?

Diamond

The Red Baron
Thought it might be useful to flag some of the slightly more obscure (England aren't playing) but still intensely juicy fixtures.

To kick off - France v Germany on 15th - will it be a BIG GAME damp squib or live up to reputation...?

Assuming Hungary won't be getting any change out of their fixtures, the "mini group" in with them of Portugal, Germany, and France might throw up some drama.
With 24 teams the standout fixtures are fewer in the group stages but I'm interested to see how Belgium get on against potentially tricky ties against Russia and Denmark, and I reckon the opener, Turkey vs Italy, might be a cracking start to the tourney.
But the knockout rounds is where it's going to get really spicy.

Assuming Hungary won't be getting any change out of their fixtures, the "mini group" in with them of Portugal, Germany, and France might throw up some drama.
With 24 teams the standout fixtures are fewer in the group stages but I'm interested to see how Belgium get on against potentially tricky ties against Russia and Denmark, and I reckon the opener, Turkey vs Italy, might be a cracking start to the tourney.
But the knockout rounds is where it's going to get really spicy.
Turkey had a good qualification, there's a few goals in that team.

Back
Top Bottom