Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Welsh Covid-19 restrictions at the moment?

weltweit

I might want to drive into Wales in the coming week to spend time on the coast, perhaps on a beach, perhaps late at night.

What are the current restrictions in Wales and am I likely to fall foul of them?

I might want to drive into Wales in the coming week to spend time on the coast, perhaps on a beach, perhaps late at night.

What are the current restrictions in Wales and am I likely to fall foul of them?
Yeah, you're OK. Some of the beaches are already packed.

The "stay local" guidance, asking people to stay within five miles of home, has ended, with no limits on travel.

The main thing about packed beaches, for example in the Gower, is that usually parking becomes a nightmare and then everyone leaves at the same time and there are massive traffic jams on narrow rural roads.

I suppose if I plan only to arrive at 10pm it might be easier. I mainly want to be at the sea during the night. See Milky Way photography thread.

The beach I told you about weltweit in that thread probably, Freshwater East, is massive and out of the way. It's just too big to get packed.

No beach is going to be packed at 10pm.

The beach I told you about weltweit in that thread probably, Freshwater East, is massive and out of the way. It's just too big to get packed.
I didn't realise it was so far, its out past Tenby .. not sure I want to do that much driving unless I am really sure of getting great pictures :)

I didn't realise it was so far, its out past Tenby .. not sure I want to do that much driving unless I am really sure of getting great pictures :)

I have no idea what you really want by features but Burry Port, shithole of a town, has an amazing golden sand beach with nobody on it ever. And you are facing (looking directly at) the Gower.

Actually, if I am considering driving a way I may as well examine Durdle Door. I know you can get great Milky Way pictures there. It doesn't matter that others have already done it, I haven't.

Actually the one I told you about was Freshwater West, for sunsets.
Missed that, yes I could combine arriving in time for a sunset and staying for the Milky Way.

Sunset here is 20:48 - so give it an hour earlier I need to arrive at about 7:40 pm ..

Missed that, yes I could combine arriving in time for a sunset and staying for the Milky Way.

Sunset here is 20:48 - so give it an hour earlier I need to arrive at about 7:40 pm ..

Sunsets are later in west Wales.

8.55 at Freshwater tomorrow.

I decided to head for Llangennith because the beach and Rhossili would be south of me and make an interesting photo. I set out late Monday evening, the roads were clear.

My first attempt to get to the beach was met with a massive security gate for a caravan and camp site. I tried another road and again found a gate & campsite. It must have been midnight by then - I forgot about trying to get on the beach and went to Rhossili where at least I could get some pictures. I got some slightly underwhelming pictures of the Milky Way for my troubles and finally home at 3am ..

On the positive, it turns out Monday was the only night of the whole week with a clear sky.

Back
Top Bottom