Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

walking green London

hash tag

Reaching out
As I am now allowed out again, I have been out and about searching for green spaces to explore around London. There are some great spaces out there and probably little know or visited.
We have walked both the loop and the ring both brilliant walks and we have drawn on these for inspiration.
Amongst other places we have recently visited Hounslow Heath, Staines Moor, Gatton Park, Gatton Bottom and Lightwater Country Park.
Any other hidden gems in and around town?

Done 10 to 15 on the London Loop. Colne Valley Park is beautiful. Walking alongside the Grand Union and under the railway arches.

Spent a lot of time around Ruislip Lido/Woods though West London's only sandy beach has been mostly closed.

^^^ lost the trail of the Wandle a while back when trying to cycle it ^^^ also walked the Beverley Brook.

As I am now allowed out again, I have been out and about searching for green spaces to explore around London. There are some great spaces out there and probably little know or visited.
We have walked both the loop and the ring both brilliant walks and we have drawn on these for inspiration.
Amongst other places we have recently visited Hounslow Heath, Staines Moor, Gatton Park, Gatton Bottom and Lightwater Country Park.

Stained Moor is an unusual and interesting sort of place! The Lea Valley Park as others have mentioned is well worth exploring. A good walk can be had from Erith eastwards through the Crayford Marshes and then south along the river Cray. On the marsh theme, best for wildlife are the marshes near Cliffe at the western end of the Hoo Peninsula in Kent and the Allhallows marshes towards the eastern end of the Peninsula, near the Isle of Grain.

If you're going out as far as Lightwater Country Park, you should definitely give Virginia Water a visit. It's not too far from there and much nicer.

Been to see VW many times over the years, last time in Feb was memorable. I mangaged to run around the entire lake, then saw a beautiful left hand drive Lancia trying to get out of the car park. Thinks, not been to Windsor Great Park for many years. Also the area around the bomber memorial at Windsor is well worth a visit.
Im thinking Winkworth this weekend.

Been to see VW many times over the years, last time in Feb was memorable. I mangaged to run around the entire lake, then saw a beautiful left hand drive Lancia trying to get out of the car park. Thinks, not been to Windsor Great Park for many years. Also the area around the bomber memorial at Windsor is well worth a visit.
Im thinking Winkworth this weekend.

Winkworth is lovely. Also Painshill is beautiful especially this time of year.

Painshill we did recently and a rare opening of Gatton Bottom. There are so so many places that remain unknown or little known.

Winkworth is fully booked both Saturday n Sunday. Tickects available for Savill Gardens, just £12 per head and a list of regulations as long as your arm which translated as no fun.
So back to a recently visited Alice Holt Arbouretum or Windsor Great Park this weekend me thinks.

Be warned...many of the car parks in windsor Great Park Virginia Water area are £3 for the first hour and rising 😱

Back
Top Bottom