Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Vikings. The finale

Nice. Was wondering when this was back again.

Obv. not the same since Ragnar went to valhalla but still a good way to spend some time.

One day I'm going to get the bald with tattoos and massive beard combo. One day.

It's not half bad! I feared it would just drag out slowly but they seem to have had an adrenaline injection

Loved this:
https://www.urban75.net/forums/posts/16262248/
Ivar having to style it out as the sidekick of someone even madder and more bloodstained than himself - and with extreme sports too!
[/ spoiler]

Obligatory anachronism: I know Vikings sailed a long way but that still does not explain how they're coming across macaws on the Silk Road in the 1000s, because they are only found in South and Central America. (Not even in Greenland.)

I've binged the whole entire thing and won't spoil it - but it's absolutely not fallen off in quality and provides decently satisfying resolution to most of the dangling plot threads. Something of a return to the moodiness of s1/2 as well. Fewer silly foreign forays, more ice and snow. Recommend.

Up to Episode 5 of part 2 and.....finding it hard to care. It's a shame cos the early seasons were such a guilty pleasure. But I didnt really enjoy the Rus storyline that has dominated this series. Rooting for Tovi though.

boring ending. that guy trying to steal gold. I mean, wtf did he intend to do with it? can't exactly sail back to norway or iceland on his own, could he?

it all went downhill after ragnar died.

I liked the final 3 episodes, the final was decent enough - feels like the writers went 'fuck it, give the audience want they want, cram in a bunch of battles'. Cant help but feel they let the show go on about 2 seasons too long overall....but tempted to start again from season 1 to see how it compares and how the production progressed.

Yeah felt a bit rushed at the end but it was alright. The Kattegatt storyline was a bit daft but Ivar vs Alfred was the only way really.

not sure what Ivar was up to. Was he just distracting them from Hvitserk?It was hard to see. Nice to see Floki though.

Agree with most other comments that it fell off once Ragnar died but was enjoyable enough to finish.

I see Netflix intend to continue to milk the cow for all its worth with a spin off. Vikings: Valhalla

Follow-up series to 'Vikings', set 100 years after the events in the original series. It centers its story around the adventures of Leif Erikson, Freydís Eiríksdóttir, Harald Hardrada and the Norman King William the Conqueror..

Just finished it. Yeah, it went distinctly off and there were too many drawn out deaths for people I just didn't care about. The absurdities became a bit too much as well. Floki? Sweet, but...no. I suppose part of the problem was that the actual Vikings didn't have a great, glorious and obvious end, they just kind of fizzled out and became christians.

May have to nip over and the the burial site for the GHA when I can though, seeing as it isn't too far away.

Back
Top Bottom