Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Used 7inch Tablet for £1? Catch?

ska invita

back on the other side
Go on ebay and theres loads of used 7 inch tablets, easily bought for under £10.
If I can get one for that cheap I might do so, purely to use as a bluetooth internet radio app controller.

im looking for advice though - is there any possible catch? Presuming the thing works are there maybe issues about updating Android OS? Anything else anyone can think of?
Internet radio apps cant be very intensive on CPU so Im hoping any old crap would work

Malicious software side loaded? Probably not but I would be a little bit paranoid.
The battery and or screen are probably fucked as well.
Possibly the charging socket. Micro USB is a bit crap.

batteries are more than likely completely fucked
also would say that no longer supported or updateable

more than likely more modern apps won't work correct

that or water damage of some sort :hmm:

i'd treat it like buying a tablet from a car boot sale on a sunday morning
if it cost less that a tenner and switches on you not be ripped off to badly

The £1 price is the bidding start price but there's so many on its easy to get a really cheap one.

An app not working because of the OS would be really annoying, seems too complicated to try and find that out in advance

The £1 price is the bidding start price but there's so many on its easy to get a really cheap one.

An app not working because of the OS would be really annoying, seems too complicated to try and find that out in advance

Depends on the brand. If it's something like a Samsung you'd be able to find the last version of Android it supported and check the app.

If it's some no name Chinese thing it would be a bit harder.

Back
Top Bottom