Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Uruguay v South Korea

strung out

💩 🤣 🍆 💦 🧐 👻 🐝 🐈‍⬛
South Korea surely setting a record for having most players on the pitch with the same name?

All four defenders and the goalkeeper called Kim.

Jin-Su Kim
Young-Gwon Kim
Min-Jae Kim
Moon-Hwan Kim
Seung-Gyu Kim

Fortunately if one of them gets injured, they've got a defender on the bench called Tae-Hwan Kim to keep up their Kim quotient.

Is the commentary on a delay of some sort? It seems to be a second or two behind on iplayer. Weirdly the ambient noise from the stadium seems to be synced properly.

South Korea surely setting a record for having most players on the pitch with the same name?

Jin-Su Kim
Young-Gwon Kim
Min-Jae Kim
Moon-Hwan Kim
Seung-Gyu Kim

Fortunately if one of them gets injured, they've got a defender on the bench called Tae-Hwan Kim to keep up their Kim quotient.
When I was at school I went out with a girl called Kim.

Jin-Su Kim
Young-Gwon Kim
Min-Jae Kim
Moon-Hwan Kim
Seung-Gyu Kim

The most common Korean family name (particularly in South Korea) is Kim, followed by Lee and Park. These three family names are held by around half of the ethnic Korean population.

Supporting Korea in this one. Haven't forgiven Suarez for his handball in 2010 which knocked Ghana out.

He's a vile player.

Totally vile (and I keep reminding Liverpool fans about those t-shirts!) but even despite that I find it hard not to pull for Uruguay, the first secular state in South America. Must admit though as a kid I loved their thuggish attitude to football which I tried to copy as I was technically crap.

I don't seem to equate football teams with all the morals, mores and mischief of the nation at large. Any given group of 11 men would be a poor analogue for a while nation - 11 footballers, doubly so.

Back
Top Bottom