Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Upholstery foam to stuff Turkish corner

miss direct

misfungled
I have a set a bit like this that I bought in Turkey, but I only bought the covers to make it easier to bring back. Now I'd like to buy the upholstery foam/whatever goes inside it. It's quite firm and needs to be the exact size. Any suggestions as to where and how I can get this done? By the way, I paid £25 for the set of five pieces, including a rug! Hoping to not now have to pay hundreds of pounds for some foam to go inside!
1648920904384.png

I have a set a bit like this that I bought in Turkey, but I only bought the covers to make it easier to bring back. Now I'd like to buy the upholstery foam/whatever goes inside it. It's quite firm and needs to be the exact size. Any suggestions as to where and how I can get this done? By the way, I paid £25 for the set of five pieces, including a rug! Hoping to not now have to pay hundreds of pounds for some foam to go inside!
View attachment 316843

Not sure about where, but you need one that meets fire/flammability regulations. So check that when you are sourcing it.

Expect to pay a lot for the foam, sorry. I paid ~£150 for one two-seat sofas worth a couple years ago. I'll get you the link for the people I used once I log into my emails in a bit. imo a project like this is worth the money though

There are probably ways to source it cheaper though? So many people have to throw large upholstered items out that probably have foam in you could cut down. Maybe if you put a call out on local free cycle or Facebook someone might be able to help.

There's a foam cutting stall on Shepherd's Bush market. Seems quite expensive, and the one time I had something cut there they messed up the sizing and refused a refund. However, they remembered my name for a good 10 years and always enquired about my wellbeing when I walked past.
HTH.

My suggestion would be to find someone fairly local to you that does van to motorhome conversions, or a re-upholstery business.
Find out their supplier ... or ask them to get foam for you.

Closed cell foam comes in several resilience [degrees of firmness] categories.

You might also want to invest in an inter-liner for both additional fire-resistance but also reducing, if not fully stopping the cover moving relative to the contents.

You might also want to invest in an inter-liner for both additional fire-resistance but also reducing, if not fully stopping the cover moving relative to the contents.
Definitely this! It's normally like a stockinette that just fits over and reduces friction inside. Makes the covers fit so much better.

This lot do very reasonable campervan cushions and are in Yorkshire.

Cutting up a secondhand foam mattress could also work, but if you want the firm stuff, you probably need blue foam. Cheapest way would be to order 'cut to order' from somewhere like efoam.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom