Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Travelling from Harrow to central London on Friday?

mwgdrwg

Be a Pisces. Jam.
I have to be in London on Friday, and as it's "in-between-strikes" it's just about impossible for me to travel down by train on the day and get to my appointment on time.

So I'm going to have a really long drive down tomorrow, and will be staying in a hotel in Harrow overnight.

How will I be able to get from Harrow to central London on Friday morning? Will there be limited travel or even buses available?

Is driving into central London the hellish bad idea I imagine it to be?

Thanks!

driving in to central london will probably be bloody awful, don't forget the congestion charge, and is your car ULEZ-able for going inside the north circular? (harrow is outside)

some buses will be running, but staff at some london bus garages are on strike friday (looks more west than north west london)

national rail (and that includes 'london overground' will be running (although start of day will be disrupted after the previous day's strike - suggestion there won't be much service before 0800) so there will be some trains on the overground from harrow + wealdstone, or on other train companies' trains if you can get round to somewhere on (say) thameslink or chiltern or great western.

Strikes is tfl's page on it all.

driving in to central london will probably be bloody awful, don't forget the congestion charge, and is your car ULEZ-able for going inside the north circular? (harrow is outside)

some buses will be running, but staff at some london bus garages are on strike friday (looks more west than north west london)

national rail (and that includes 'london overground' will be running (although start of day will be disrupted after the previous day's strike - suggestion there won't be much service before 0800) so there will be some trains on the overground from harrow + wealdstone, or on other train companies' trains if you can get round to somewhere on (say) thameslink or chiltern or great western.

Strikes is tfl's page on it all.

Thanks! I'll definitley not drive, and hope I can get a train that gets me there before mid-day!

Thanks! I'll definitley not drive, and hope I can get a train that gets me there before mid-day!

just a thought - roughly where in central london are you aiming for? just wondering if aiming at a different railway line, to get you nearer to destination, may be easier than landing at euston?

Back
Top Bottom