Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transitting Dubai Airport......

sim667

All aboard the 303 bus.
Is there anything I should be aware of?

I was just looking at whether I can take an e-cigarette...... Nope.

But it seems they're very strict about everything, so I guess I need to make sure that my iPad is cleared off of any books that could been deemed as questionable, and I should get a new camera bag (I've lugged mine around loads of festivals, so I dread to think what's got on/in it at different points).

Any other suggestions I should be aware of?

make sure that if you smoke weed, wash all your clothes very thoroughly,check your pockets, check your shoes for any blims that might have been picked up, in fact I'd even go so far as to say , get a whole new outfit and shoes and bags.

Or it could be 4 years in the clink for you for any traces.

also look into any prescription meds you may be on, some of them are completely banned.

Oh and dont get pissed on the plane before you get off :)

Last edited:
Awful place. High tech and yet painfully painfully slow.

As you say just be dead careful about bags etc. I got a new one for heading through.

My 12kg of climbing kit certainly caused some intrest, but despite everything they were pretty pleasant. Oh and the heat when you walk out the airport is something else.

Awful place. High tech and yet painfully painfully slow.

As you say just be dead careful about bags etc. I got a new one for heading through.

My 12kg of climbing kit certainly caused some intrest, but despite everything they were pretty pleasant. Oh and the heat when you walk out the airport is something else.
I'm only transmitting..... I've got a 2 hour stop there, so basically sitting about in the terminal.

New camera bag a good idea then? Maybe a new hiking bag too I guess :/

I know people who've bought new clothes they've never opened until they were about to get on the plane in the UK, they were only having a layover in Dubai too. Not worth the risk of accidentally getting caught out imo

There's a smoking lounge right in the middle of the duty free section :cool: . it's usually full of vodka-pickled nicotine-stained Russians, chainsmoking Chinese and Japanese business guys and lots of rough Australians and Kiwis. A great spot for a cheeky baccy break.

I can't really afford a set of new clothes.... :-/

Furious washing session?
You can just give them a good run through the washing machine . Just watch for crumbs in the bottom of bags and pockets . Give phone screens and laptop keyboards a good clean . You'll be fine .

Also bag handles . In the very unlikely event that they swab your stuff - it will be bag handles, screens and keyboards.

Also bag handles . In the very unlikely event that they swab your stuff - it will be bag handles, screens and keyboards.
No keyboards.....

iPad and iPhone on the other hand..... I'll give those a good clean.

Any other suggestions I should be aware of?

They can be really fucking awkward with anything they deem Indian, which seems very unwelcome - I had a load of very expensive gear seized there once and my colleague only continued after an official warning. All because one item had an "Indian plug" - Never got it back.

They can be really fucking awkward with anything they deem Indian, which seems very unwelcome - I had a load of very expensive gear seized there once and my colleague only continued after an official warning. All because one item had an "Indian plug" - Never got it back.
They're the same as european plug, no?

I took an ecig through fine, I did change my wallet to a new one though. It's fine.
I asked on the Dubai airport site...... they were non committal and said "it should be ok"

I'm just not going to take it..... if I need to I can buy one in Vietnam

The ecigs thing is bizarre. Fags are so cheap they sell loose packets on the tills of supermarkets, like you buy sweets here.

The ecigs thing is bizarre. Fags are so cheap they sell loose packets on the tills of supermarkets, like you buy sweets here.

I don't get it either...... I think they allow them in for personal use now, but it seems to be very hit and miss

Back
Top Bottom