Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

THREE-LINE WHIP: Hamlet W v Fulham - Wed 3rd April

Alex W

Starting this one early...

The Hamlet need to win every game remaining to win the title, and on paper this is the hardest one.

If you are physically capable of dragging yourself to Champion Hill, we'll need you there for this one.

Do you owe anyone vaguely associated with Dulwich Hamlet a favour? We're calling it in.

Whether it'd be your hundredth or first Dulwich Hamlet Women's game, please do everything you can to make this one.

We have one hand on the trophy, but we'll need every marginal gain we have to push us over the edge, especially on a Wednesday.

Hope you see you there.

Grand, I'd be very happy to do that. Do you want to DM me with what you need and I'll put it together?
All I really need is a bit of background to the team, a few paragraphs bigging up the games and then the details (time. entrance fee etc) and a couple of pics and we're ready to go - email it to brixtonbuzz at gmail.com and I'll get on the case asap.

Someone has mentioned receiving a panicked message from a Fulham player asking how many fans will be there on Wednesday, suggesting they're already approaching a superior level of rattled.

So once again, if you can make it next Wednesday, please PLEASE do your best to come along. Every single body will really make a big difference (and don't forget if you have a season ticket, you can get in free).

Today's the day!

This is probably the most nervous I've personally been for a game since the men's play-off final. Logically, you'd have to have us as strong favourites (especially because a draw isn't good for either team), though of course in football there's always something that can go wrong...

I'm particularly interested to see what sort of crowd we get. Hopefully it will be a big and passionate one, though a big midweek women's game is pretty much unprecedented, so who knows.

Thanks to everyone who's helped with trying to promote the game, and we'll hopefully see many of you tonight. FTH.

Today's the day!

This is probably the most nervous I've personally been for a game since the men's play-off final. Logically, you'd have to have us as strong favourites (especially because a draw isn't good for either team), though of course in football there's always something that can go wrong...

I'm particularly interested to see what sort of crowd we get. Hopefully it will be a big and passionate one, though a big midweek women's game is pretty much unprecedented, so who knows.

Thanks to everyone who's helped with trying to promote the game, and we'll hopefully see many of you tonight. FTH.
Have you seen they’re playing the weekend game vs Dartford at Craven Cottage? But wouldn’t do so for when we played them…?

In. Their. Heads. Rent. Free.

First (Hamlet) womens game tonight due to this post, bringing some friends, looking forward to it 👍
Hope you have a lovely time! If you find yourself in the TO and want to say hi, please do (I'll be the one banging the drum)

Have you seen they’re playing the weekend game vs Dartford at Craven Cottage? But wouldn’t do so for when we played them…?

In. Their. Heads. Rent. Free.
I did! Before Dartford dropped points to Saltdean I was quite excited about it because it meant Fulham would still have pride to play for, even if we beat them tonight. Now it's less important for us, but still perhaps helpful.

Fulham's attitude to letting the women play at Craven Cottage seems very odd, much like their attitude to their women's team in general. Fulham's fans were, to their credit, very keen to have our league cup moved to Craven Cottage, and it was formerly raised with their club (but obviously turned down).

I don't know why this Sunday's game was the one that was ultimately chosen. Fulham have committed to two women's games a season there and their men aren't playing at home again until 21st April, so perhaps it's simply that the pitch will have a long period of rest in-between.

I did! Before Dartford dropped points to Saltdean I was quite excited about it because it meant Fulham would still have pride to play for, even if we beat them tonight. Now it's less important for us, but still perhaps helpful.

Fulham's attitude to letting the women play at Craven Cottage seems very odd, much like their attitude to their women's team in general. Fulham's fans were, to their credit, very keen to have our league cup moved to Craven Cottage, and it was formerly raised with their club (but obviously turned down).

I don't know why this Sunday's game was the one that was ultimately chosen. Fulham have committed to two women's games a season there and their men aren't playing at home again until 21st April, so perhaps it's simply that the pitch will have a long period of rest in-between.
I mean this is all very logical but I prefer the in their heads explanation.

Not sure the switch will help them. Limited sample size but when Liverpool Women occasionally switch to Anfield (they usually play at Tranmere) at get multiples of the usual gate their record is pretty poor. I think with occasional switches you lose home advantage because it stops being your routine, and add pressure to yourself.

I mean this is all very logical but I prefer the in their heads explanation.

Not sure the switch will help them. Limited sample size but when Liverpool Women occasionally switch to Anfield (they usually play at Tranmere) at get multiples of the usual gate their record is pretty poor. I think with occasional switches you lose home advantage because it stops being your routine, and add pressure to yourself.
That all makes sense. The other argument is that if they lose tonight, their season would realistically be over, so playing a fired-up Dartford side at Motspur Park might feel like a bridge too far. However, the prospect of winning at Craven Cottage means there'd be at least something to motivate Fulham.

delighted to have had the opportunity to attend, best I've seen the team play, felt the ref did his best to play Fulham back into the game in last 15, amazing result, lets go!

delighted to have had the opportunity to attend, best I've seen the team play, felt the ref did his best to play Fulham back into the game in last 15, amazing result, lets go!

Well, apart from that he missed that Fulham's "goal" that was over the line before they pulled one back. That seemed pretty crucial in our favour!

Well, apart from that he missed that Fulham's "goal" that was over the line before they pulled one back. That seemed pretty crucial in our favour!
That must be more down to the linesman at that end, who twice halted Hamlet attacks in the first half when Martha was clearly onside from a perfectly timed run on the left. By contrast the linesman at the other end missed our forwards running back from offside positions to receive a long pass at least twice in the second half. The free kick leading to Fulham's goal looked very soft, although I was a fair distance away on that side of the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom