Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Those little ribbon hanging bits...

Do you mean the hangy thingies? that they are supposed to be hung on?

If so, then yes they irritate the fuck outta me! I cut them off as soon as I know Im keeping the garment.

Only the other day I actually managed to get my arm caught in one that I had neglected to cut off. I was struggling to get my arm back out and must have looked a right twat on the beach as I was putting my top on after swimming and ended up having a full on wrestle with myself!

Ban them I say...Ban them! :mad::mad::mad:

:confused:
10949616_4552266_322.jpg

I could do with them on my tee shirts - they're always sliding off the hangers - especially when drip-drying ...

For a long time, I thought they were somehow necessary, even though I couldn't work out precisely what their function was.

Then I had a revelation. From then on, I've just cut them all off.....

I think they mean the things that only come on women's tops. They're usually on wide necked ones as otherwise they would slide off a coat hanger.

Are they the little bits of fabric at the centre of the the neck that are about an inch or so long - you get them on everything from coats to t-shirts?

I use fabric coated hangers (not as slippery) or the elastic rubber band trick as suggested by the lovely Yu_Gi_Oh...rubber ended clothes pegs work well too, especially for fragile, silk or thin blouses tops.

Perhaps I will try rubber bands. I experimented with self-amalgamating rubber tape at work ...
My biggest issue in recent times is not being able to get plastic hangers that will support the weight of a dripping wet tea shirt ...

Are they the little bits of fabric at the centre of the the neck that are about an inch or so long - you get them on everything from coats to t-shirts?
Nope. They're much longer and you get one at each side, near the shoulders, often when the garment doesn't have any shoulders - if that makes sense? As I said, they're only on women's clothes...I think.

Nope. They're much longer and you get one at each side, near the shoulders, often when the garment doesn't have any shoulders - if that makes sense? As I said, they're only on women's clothes...I think.

Ah right. I don't buy shoulder-less clothing so have never seen these things.

You'd think someone would invent a hanger suitable for these items, rather than rely on special ribbons inside the clothing which look to be really annoying.

Back
Top Bottom