Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Wire

Nixon

peanut butter n.w.o.
After years of my two good mates telling me to watch that bloody series I finally figured out what all the fuss is about :cool: Finished Season 4 last night.I did like 6 episodes last night.Sometimes I put on The Wire before i've even got out of my bed or made my morning joint :facepalm: And im not a tv person..but it's the only series that seems to hit every angle for me.
Any other urbanite fans? Why is it so good? Favourite characters? :)

If you can be bothered to do a search, there are probably at least 50 threads on The Wire on here.

Blew me away. As you say, hits on pretty much every level.

Decent British showing in the cast, too

Yes yes yes, fantastic series. I try to inform my "fellow Canadians" how America has ripped off and dumbed down the British material they have stolen. Watch the real thing. It is so frustrating, but again, another brilliant program.

I did like 6 episodes last night.

I got into it last year... Had to watch it in binges of five or six episodes too!

Might watch the entire series again... Maybe drinking when McNulty drinks. Yeah, the wire pissed sounds like a good idea.

tenuous

152014__birdonawire_l.jpg

Series 6 was the best tv ever. Why they only let a small number of elite viewers get hold of copies before burning the rest will always be a mystery to me. Omar's twin brother was just amazing in that.

It wouldn't surprise me if you found anyone to 'like' in it. Doesn't stop it being a better drama than The Wire IMO.
Interesting. Why do you think it's 'a better drama'? Actually don't answer that unless you can do so without spoilers

Back
Top Bottom