Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

"The Weston-super-Mare conflagration was marvellous stuff"

This is just typical summer holiday journalism. There is no real news so an opinion piece is created around an incident that gives the writer an excuse to rant on about nothing much. Her critique of Somerset, meant to make it sound unappealing, to me gives it appeal. I think I might visit there this summer. She is glad that she didn't 'end up in Newton Abbot'. So are the residents of that town in Devon I am sure. People in the West Country have to put up with too many people who make their money in London and then move south-west for a different lifestyle. They are the ones who are replacing the ham sandwich with the panini.

I could write summer holiday articles for the newspapers. As could almost anyone who submits posts to these boards for no money. I must remember to pack a paperback when I next travel by train. The newspapers are not worth opening at this time of year.

I read a book by Joanna Briscoe called 'Sleep With Me'. It was supposed to be sexy, but she obviously didn't have the nerve to get down and dirty, so it was just really obvious and boring.

Back
Top Bottom