Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Urban Writing Thread

Are you in?

• Total voters

ShiftyBagLady

Thinks she is a flower to be looked at
So, who fancies it?
Similar to the Urban Photography Thread: monthly theme, one entry per poster, word limit (not sure how many, what do you think?), the poster voted as winner gets to choose next month's theme.
July starts soon, i people are interested we can start it then.

worth a punt.

Shall we say 1500 words or less?

It's enough room to be creative but not enough to go off on one.

Just posted up into a thread as normal? What does a 1500 word post look like :confused:

Reckon maybe poems etc should be seperate from short stories and the like, if they're all lumped together something tells me the poems are more likely to win as people won't be arsed to read the longer stuff... Or maybe I'm being too cynical.

Just posted up into a thread as normal? What does a 1500 word post look like :confused:

Reckon maybe poems etc should be seperate from short stories and the like, if they're all lumped together something tells me the poems are more likely to win as people won't be arsed to read the longer stuff... Or maybe I'm being too cynical.

type written, 1500 is about two pages of A4 iirc

yes but some people don't like poetry and it's a good exercise to compare poetry with prose....

yep, i was only going to submit poems :oops:

i don't know what a 1500 word post looks like, let me go ask mrs quoad :p

yes but some people don't like poetry and it's a good exercise to compare poetry with prose....

yep, i was only going to submit poems :oops:

i don't know what a 1500 word post looks like, let me go ask mrs quoad :p

Would it be so hard to seprate the two, an award a 'poetry' and a 'prose' prize each time round or whatever?

E2a - It doesn't bode well that really want to select the 'wotz ritin' option :D

At size 12 font on a piece of A4 it is yeh (approx). But on the boards, tis gonna make for a long thread :)

*shrugs*

s'all good. Remember it's 15000 or less. I don't imagine everyone is going to seek to fill meet the word limit of 1500 religiously.

Would it be so hard to seprate the two, an award a 'poetry' and a 'prose' prize each time round or whatever?

E2a - It doesn't bode well that really want to select the 'wotz ritin' option :D

well you're not getting any votes fom me as you didnt select the good gives poll option :mad:

i'm not opposed to seperate awards

i think it would be better if you could enter stuff anonymously...and then leave it up to the authors to reveal themselves...

The Peoples Writing Group needs some decisions making. I have tabled the 1500 word limit which people seem happy with.

now. Seperating prose from poetry. I see no need, but the Collective can decide.

Seperate blog: is this necessary and desirable?

Shifty, you have the floor.

well you're not getting any votes fom me as you didnt select the good gives poll option :mad:

i'm not opposed to seperate awards

Ahem! I take it I can count on your vote ;) :D

Thats what I was thinkin you see, that very soon the thread would be huge and may rinse bandwidth... See what the Mods from on high think.

Separate awards and anonymous entries, I don't have a problem with both.

In fact anonymous entries may be a great idea, cancel out any nepotism :)

At this point I would like to state that The Peoples Writing Group will see no nom de plumage from me because I am well arrogant.

The Peoples Writing Group needs some decisions making. I have tabled the 1500 word limit which people seem happy with.

now. Seperating prose from poetry. I see no need, but the Collective can decide.

Seperate blog: is this necessary and desirable?

Shifty, you have the floor.

I propose all decisions be seen as being under a trial period for the initial stages of the PWG. A beta test if you will.

Well, generally in Literature poetry and prose are kept seperate for award purposes aren't they? To me they are very different mediums, as crazy as that might sound :hmm:

We could do one for say, July... Upsidedownwalrus you reckon you could sort the blog thingy for then?

Anyone got any ideas for the initial topic or am i getting ahead of myself here? :D

Back
Top Bottom