Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

"The UK and Ireland"

krtek a houby

Anger is Hi-NRG
What's that all about, eh?

When did the two separate countries become joined at the fucking hip?

And if it has to be a thing, why not "Ireland and the UK"?
:mad:

I suppose it’s mainly to do with common language. As I recall from studying Brian Friel’s play Translations at A level that is of course another side of imperialism.

Perhaps Ireland and UK should be used instead given if looking at a map from left to right - like you’d read it - Ireland is on the left. Also first alphabetically

It must be getting close to a referendum for a united Ireland. If held tomorrow, how would it go?

Well, personally, I thought Sinn Fein would be the next government following the recent elections but just shows how out of touch I am. The immigration "concerns" seem to be a major focus there and SF were seen to be "soft" on the issue.

Honestly, no idea what comes next.

Isn't it just about Ireland and the UK being neighbours? The only land border each (currently) has is with the other. Unless you count the channel tunnel.

As for the UK being first, that’ll be the news organisations. Try living in Scotland and watching “national” TV news. They rarely even bother saying when a story doesn’t apply to Scotland. Private water companies? We don’t have any. NHS? It’s a separate organisation in Scotland. Prison policy? Devolved. Etc.

Isn't it just about Ireland and the UK being neighbours? The only land border each (currently) has is with the other. Unless you count the channel tunnel.

As for the UK being first, that’ll be the news organisations. Try living in Scotland and watching “national” TV news. They rarely even bother saying when a story doesn’t apply to Scotland. Private water companies? We don’t have any. NHS? It’s a separate organisation in Scotland. Prison policy? Devolved. Etc.

Would love to try and live in Scotland :)

Back
Top Bottom