Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Stone Roses

Humberto

Were they good?

I like this song - Fools Gold:

I just thought they might be worth talking about, as I don't know much about them. :)

Would need more evidence but there seemed to be schism with the grunge Nirvana fans.

I was just a nerd playing Jimi Hendrix, and Bob Marley.

Was big into them during school (in late 90s), a few of us were, we used to do Ian brown style monkey walks across the common room :D

Second album was better than the first one. The first Album was basically Child of the Moon by the Stones and Rain by the Beatles mashed together and regurgitated. I saw them a couple of times and they were very good, and then I saw them implode on stage at Reading Fesitival, where they were awful; grown men in baggy trousers were crying in the audience.

The Happy Mondays were great, Pills 'n' Thrills and Bellyaches was a moment in time. You had to be there. Taking E. They were a mess on stage. That was the point.

Stone Roses, for the first album, for Fool's Gold, for all of that era...big part of my life. Everything is borrowed. Lyrically they were mainly brilliant.

So how they went from that to complete dickhead covid denier Ian Brown and cokehead Squire, fuck knows.

Respect to Reni and Mani. And Reni is widely regarded as the best drummer around at that time, despite being a complete smackhead.

Respect to Reni and Mani. And Reni is widely regarded as the best drummer around at that time, despite being a complete smackhead.
This. I've no idea about their technical abilities, but that rhythm section sounded tight as fuck.

And overall I'd pick the Mondays over them, even if they in fact sound nothing like one another.

Back
Top Bottom