Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The reality tv megathread

Looby

Got a show you want to talk about?
Something trashy and shallow to recommend?
This is the thread for you.

Some shows rightly have a dedicated thread but what about those niche interests that many won’t share.

it’s a safe space and you’ll find no (or not much) judgment here.

I’ll go first. I’ve watched every single episode of Below Deck that’s been made so far and I pay a HAYU subscription so I don’t have to wait for them to come to E4. It’s the highlight of my Tuesday morning.

Attachments

• IMG_4511.jpeg
    IMG_4511.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 9
I will admit to Married at First Sight, First Dates, anything where people are stranded on an island.

Traitors? Probably too highbrow for this thread. :D

Mrs V watches Love Is Blind. That's PROPER shit. I haven't succumbed yet. MAFSUK is the gateway drug mind. Probably just a matter time.

I will admit to Married at First Sight, First Dates, anything where people are stranded on an island.

Traitors? Probably too highbrow for this thread. :D

Mrs V watches Love Is Blind. That's PROPER shit. I haven't succumbed yet. MAFSUK is the gateway drug mind. Probably just a matter time.
I watch love is blind!

Possibly one of the worst/best things I've seen is Deep Fake Love. Netflix, in Spanish. They basically show couples deep fakes of their partners cheating on them... or are they? Absolute carnage.

Anyone watching The secret lives of Mormons? I'm not but I'm daughter is trying to persuade me.

I've only got so much time for shit telly to get addicted to and BB is going to start soon.

Anyone watching The secret lives of Mormons? I'm not but I'm daughter is trying to persuade me.

I've only got so much time for shit telly to get addicted to and BB is going to start soon.
I’ve just started because I wanted something fluffy after a really shit work day. Watched first episode and I don’t think it’ll hold my interest but we’ll see.

What was the one that was on Channel 4 (or one of the C4 spin off channels), must have been about 15-20 years ago, aired on I think Saturday or Sunday mornings either before or after the Hollyoaks omnibus edition...
Featured young adults (typical age for between college/university iirc) on tropical islands in 2 teams, I think the Sharks and the Tigers? That was always a fun and entertaining watch.

Had to google it: Shipwrecked, Battle of the Islands.

The weirdest dating show I've ever been obliged to watch is Sexy Beast. I think I'd rather rewatch the movie of the same name tbh, it's less disturbing

I’ve just started because I wanted something fluffy after a really shit work day. Watched first episode and I don’t think it’ll hold my interest but we’ll see.
Did you see the tiktok one of them made when her baby was in hospital with RSV?:facepalm: She apparently addresses it in the show.

Currently vague-watching My Mum, Your Dad. I enjoyed the first series, presumably this time everyone knows their kids are watching from the cottage though?

Did you see the tiktok one of them made when her baby was in hospital with RSV?:facepalm: She apparently addresses it in the show.
I’d never heard about it but they’ve just talked about it. These people are insane. Who dances around their sick kid for TikTok likes!

Currently vague-watching My Mum, Your Dad. I enjoyed the first series, presumably this time everyone knows their kids are watching from the cottage though?
Yes! I think after series 1 or 2 of any show the mystery has gone so it either gets a bit stale or producers just ramp it up in stupid ways.

I’ve only seen clips of it because I don’t tend to watch the dating shows.

Do the skills-based/task-learning shows count as reality? I love Glow Up and never have anyone to talk about it with (apart from my daughter who sometimes takes an interest).

Back
Top Bottom