Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The New Terminator

He must have had to shave regularly in the other films if it grew naturally. The idea of a robot shaving tickles me. Would he get nicks or a rash?

Or is it just a stylistic invention to suggest age and i'm thinking about it too much? Or is it a divorce/trauma beard to indicate a troublesome past that he's struggling with?

a cyborg is surely a subset of a robot
A cyborg can but doesn’t have to be a robot, it just means a combination of machine and organism. Dark Fate features two cyborgs, Arnie’s Terminator being a robot covered in living, ageing flesh while Mackenzie Davis’ Grace is a technologically enhanced human, like The Bionic Woman. The T-1000 from the second film and the Rev-9 from the new one would be androids, machines which look like humans, but which contain no organic parts.

One thing which doesn’t make sense is how the terminators time travel. In the first film it’s established that only things covered in organic material can time travel. This is the main reason why the terminators are covered in flesh and why they can’t wear clothes when going back in time. By the second film the T-1000 time travels and he’s all machine. I suppose the nanotechnology the androids consists of, can mimic skin or something but then they should be able to wear clothes which mimic skin instead of arriving in the buff.

Last edited:
A cyborg can but doesn’t have to be a robot, it just means a combination of machine and organism. Dark Fate features two cyborgs, Arnie’s Terminator being a robot covered in living, ageing flesh while Mackenzie Davis’ Grace is a technologically enhanced human, like The Bionic Woman. The T-1000 from the second film and the Rev-9 from the new one would be androids, machines which look like humans, but which contain no organic parts.

One thing which doesn’t make sense is how the terminators time travel. In the first film it’s established that only things covered in organic material can time travel. This is the main reason why the terminators are covered in flesh and why they can’t wear clothes when going back in time. By the second film the T-1000 time travels and he’s all machine. I suppose the nanotechnology the androids consists of, can mimic skin or something but then they should be able to wear clothes which mimic skin instead of arriving in the buff.
Time travels covered in the blood of its enemies.

Back
Top Bottom