Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The lonely tech post thread.

Can I back up an old MacBook (c.2010) via Time Machine onto an external drive then connect that drive to my current MacBook and transfer specific files over (music/films/photos)?

Been having a clear out and coaxed it to life & realised it's got lots of photos I'd like. It runs so glacially slowly that I can't transfer the files though.

Can anyone tell me why a Microsoft App suddenly refuses to load?

I have IPTV Smarters Expert. When I tried to fire it up, it didn't.

I restarted the PC, no joy. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, no joy.

Can anyone help please?

Store apps can be a pain the arse, but not much experience as Plex does all my needs. Sorry.

I wonder if we need a new thread as it's also being talked about on the fire stick one and you might get people see it who don't read this one?

Looks interesting:

Isn't Open Source a bit of a red herring with AI? As in the value isn't really the model, but the model trained on data? And it's training isn't and can't really be Open Source. At least that was the takeaway I took from 2.5 Admins podcast I listened to when they were discussing it?

I might be being dense but if it's just the model they're offering then how does it rival OpenAI. Without the training it's not useful to you or I and to train it your going to need a shit load of Nvidia GPUs...

Back
Top Bottom