Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The latest Tomb Raider

Sunray

Its sunny somewhere.
This now has an release date of next march. Compared to the last lot of games, its gone totally left field which for me is a good thing.

To remind people the direction they have now taken here's the promo

This is going to be either totally shit or totally amazing.

Not sure about this. Looks a bit too survival horror to be Tomb Raider.

Dunno, got her climbing up that plane and going along the tree, so not totally, but its a better game driver than just climbing about which Prince of Persia did far better anyway.

There have been some previews absolutely full of praise. It's not my sort of thing, but the OH has always enjoyed Tomb Raider games. I'll get it for him if user reviews in the week after release live up to the hype (and naturally if I do get it for him, I'll probably take it for a spin myself).

I'm kinda done with tomb raider as a franchise and i'm not sure what this brings to the table to bring me back into it. from what i've seen it doesn't seem to have tombs in this one

seems more far cry 3 than Indiana Jones.

i don't know. it doesn't sound bad it just doesn't sound as appealing as i'd hope. i'm not that interested in the narrative aspect.

i'm not that interested in the narrative aspect.
Somebody has stolen shippy's login :hmm:

Incidentally I was listening to Women's Hour the other day and they had a piece about it - they were interviewing Rhianna (sp?) Pratchett, i.e. Terry Pratchett's daughter, who apparently writes professionally for games, including this one and also Mirror's Edge. She was only brought in relatively recently for this according to the interview so I would suspect had nothing to do with the fuckwitted comments by certain staff on the new plot.

What were those?
There was a bit last year where the executive producer basically said there would be a sexual assault on Lara to be edgy (and also make the player want to "protect" her). Then lots of furious backpedalling. Iirc there were also some very dubious comments by an art director as well that came out at the same time.

Somebody has stolen shippy's login :hmm:

Incidentally I was listening to Women's Hour the other day and they had a piece about it - they were interviewing Rhianna (sp?) Pratchett, i.e. Terry Pratchett's daughter, who apparently writes professionally for games, including this one and also Mirror's Edge. She was only brought in relatively recently for this according to the interview so I would suspect had nothing to do with the fuckwitted comments by certain staff on the new plot.

I should make that clearer

i'm not interested in the story they are telling for this game.

I'm more after high adventure than dark and gritty survival.

saw a few previews on this and the graphics are like TV. Gotta get me a console.
Hope lara gets her tits out this time :hmm:

I should make that clearer

i'm not interested in the story they are telling for this game.

I'm more after high adventure than dark and gritty survival.
same here, and TBH I've alway's wondered why so much work goes into a storyline when most of the players really just want to shoot monsters or build stuff (and then shoot monsters when they've finished building )
Especially when some of the storylines are abisn arbisnl abusynel awfull.

i love games with good storylines or at least great charactorisation. i just wasn't after this storyline for this character. tomb raider to me has always been over the top somewhat silly action. very much like Indiana Jones (which tomb raider was inspired by).
I have nothing against dark gritty stories of survival but i also want fun action adventure games. in this case i just feel a little disapointed by the way they have taken the series.

Someone said it's like Uncharted on the PS3, it's only £31 on Amazon so i think i'm going to get it :)

I heard a review on the radio. She said it wasn't ground breaking in any way but good enough in a blockbuster movie type way

The director of the game was Terry Pratchett's daughter who was quoted as saying that she wanted to make Lara Croft a more likeable and relatable character. So we start off with vulnerable young Lara turning into survivor Lara.

A mistake in my eyes as she already had an establish persona which people liked and bought in spades. They don't care about the journey to becoming kick ass. They want to escape their mundane lives by playing someone kick ass.

Not alot of gameplay in that trailer, just hope they don't make it too easy and more story than puzzle.

Back
Top Bottom