Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Sweet Harmony - Rave today : exhibition, Saatchi Gallery, London till 14 Sept 2019

Did anybody go to this? I went to the James Lavelle installation at the Saatchi but saw this in the background through various doors and it looked pretty interesting.

Did anybody go to this? I went to the James Lavelle installation at the Saatchi but saw this in the background through various doors and it looked pretty interesting.
It's on my list although there is something inherently uncomfortable about viewing an exhibition of protest and counterculture in an uber-capitalist/establishment venue.

It's on my list although there is something inherently uncomfortable about viewing an exhibition of protest and counterculture in an uber-capitalist/establishment venue.
Bit like selling pictures of protests to establishment-bolstering right-wing broadsheets innit?

Bit like selling pictures of protests to establishment-bolstering right-wing broadsheets innit?
And giving all the money to a hospice and also sending a photo to the subject because he liked it so much? Yes, that's exactly the fucking same. Nice one.

:rolleyes: :facepalm:

PS The whole fucking point of protesting is to get maximum press coverage and public attention.

Yes, I went a few weeks ago, interesting exhibition especially the 'diary' of the young woman who was a full time party person for a number of years :)

Recognised a couple of DJ friends amongst the photos :D

Back
Top Bottom