Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Surplus festival 2014

Just seen that on their page. Good luck to them -- I've posted to that effect over there.

Actually the more I've read on there, the more organised and together they seem to be. Good on em :)

was talking to one of em last night at Beltane Buzz gig, decent funny genuine sound as fuck guy
announcement to come quite soon

New site is Penmaenau Farm, Builth Wells, Mid Wales its on the A470 and a pice of piss to find, right next to the royal welsh show ground and walking distance from the village

same site as sonic rock solstice

hope they will be able to go on late enough

Mixed feelings about this new site. I was sort of looking forward to heading west. The music will be in a complex of barns, so no worries about the weather, also tidy toilets and showers - but when i have been for other events their they have had security making sure you dont take your own booze into the barns.

do you know if there is there any cover / shade where they have the campsite?
appreciate that you may not know as every event different
ta

As I recall there are some bits of the camping areas close to hedges and trees, but mostly not that sheltered no.

It was raining 75% of the time we were last there though ... so much so that we left the tent at home and wimped out into a B and B in town :oops: :D

Fry ere, one of the organisers of Surplus. How is everyone? The site is gunna be different to what we planned but there are plenty of positives and it means the party will still go ahead! We will have an outdoor chill space in a geodome for shade. Camping is in open fields. Some trees next to fence for shade tho mostly open. Music will go on til 10:30 in Gails tent, 1:30 main stage and 2:30 dance stage. Keep on keeping on. Tidy.

Nice one! :)
glad you've managed to pull off a new venue
there will obviously be compromises, ta for clarification, tidy
was speaking to you in the bogs at beltane buzz couple of weeks ago at porters
welcome on here too mate

Fair play, everyone has been real cool bout venue shift, it has been a struggle for us but we got there in the end! What is yer name mate?? I spoke to a lot of people that night, I was quite merry shal we say . . . Good night from what I remember! Cheers man :)

line up each day
10359160_10153038739180110_4588564819397424578_n.jpg

If they turn up :hmm: ... they've been guilty of a fair few no-shows (IME) over the years. But maybe they'll stay off the cider enough to make it this time :D

Back
Top Bottom