Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Stripper in uniform arrested again!

pogofish

Testicle Hairstyle
Once again, this guy has been nicked for wearing a uniform.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/7408877.stm

Last time, the policewomen who lifted him said in court that after seeing him in the street, they followed him round a couple of shows in order to get enough evidence. :hmm: :D

With his current uniform, I doubt he could be mistaken for any officer - it has been a very long time since you regularly saw MPs on the streets of Aberdeen.

And frankly, with the way Belmont St/Justice Mill Lane (where he was last lifted) can get on a weekend, I really wonder what they are up to - There is usually a lot of much more antisocial behaviour that could use their attention.

...Last time, the policewomen who lifted him said in court that after seeing him in the street, they followed him round a couple of shows in order to get enough evidence. :hmm: :D
Do they not have better things to do with their time, like maybe catch burglars and murderers and rapists and wife beaters and kiddy fiddlers? :confused:

Sweeping-up a few of the threatening/violent pissheads that frequent that part of town on a regular basis would be a good-enough start for me.

I think it is time that Breach of the Peace was clarified. It seems that the police can use it to stop anyone doing anything.

The video of the arrest of a student demonstrating outside of Nottingham University with a piece of board representing the Palestine wall was done on that basis. You could hear the policeman threatening him with it while the student was talking to him and finally arresting him when he wouldn't stop talking. Meanwhile all was peaceful around and about and there weren't many people in the vicinity. The student was not charged with anything and later released.

Similar incidents are sometimes seen on the Nightwatch programme where the police are dealing with people leaving clubs. You get a sense of arbitrary justice being handed out in some cases.

Breach of the peace seems to mean causing annoyance to a police officer in any way that they decide it does. If they want you off the street then you will be arrested for breach of the peace. It should be re-named breach of the police.

I am not one of the ACAB brigade either.

They do seem to have a bit of a vendetta on this guy. :confused:

That's what I've been thinking. The problem is every time they have arrested him(afaik) he has gotten off with it, which probably didn't please them. They should stop wasting time and money and leave the guy alone :rolleyes:

They really are starting to look like twats now.

wickerman_howie.jpg

They really are starting to look like twats now.

I am reliably informed that Sgt Eros is a bit of a cock in real life as well but TBH, unless he is getting stupidly lippy with them, I would think that might be an essential qualification for the job? :D

Mind you, he is getting loads of free advertising. :)

I think it is time that Breach of the Peace was clarified. It seems that the police can use it to stop anyone doing anything.
In Scotland it almost does - it is a specific offence and is very widely drawn.

In England and Wales it is a very different situation and is defined as the use or threat of violence to a person, or to their property in their presence. It is NOT a criminal offence in England and Wales and can only result in a person being taken before a Magistrate to be "Bound Over" (i.e. sign to promise) to keep peace and be of good behaviour for a period of time. If, in that time, they breach the peace again they forfeit a stated sum of money - usually a £100 or so.

I've had the pleasure of meeting him... yes he was "working" at the time :oops:

He's a really sweet lad. He'll probably see this as great publicity. :D

eta - pogofish I missed your post!! I thought he was very lovely!

In Scotland it almost does - it is a specific offence and is very widely drawn.

I type up psychiatric court reports and it always amazes me the variety of things that cause a breach of the peace. Or breach of the peach as I inevitably type every time. Good thing I proof read.

Its about time someone reported Grampian Police for wasting police time.
A sheriff has thrown one case out so far followed by the sheriff principle agreeing on appeal.
I doubt they'll be able to make this stick either.
If the cops keep going he'll be able to pay off all his student debt using the money from the wrongful arrest cases he'll be able to bring.

Its about time someone reported Grampian Police for wasting police time.
A sheriff has thrown one case out so far followed by the sheriff principle agreeing on appeal.
I doubt they'll be able to make this stick either.
If the cops keep going he'll be able to pay off all his student debt using the money from the wrongful arrest cases he'll be able to bring.

Yeah, it does seem like a fuss about nothing.

Or maybe his clients need to get a new & less-touchy set of professions to fetishise? D

The stripping bin-man maybe? :D

I actually met the Singing Pest-Control man at the weekend. He did a fine set of Sinatra style songs - Exterminator by day, Rat Pack by night maybe? :D

Raido has just reported he is up in court for the last arrest tomorrow - what is the betting he will be let-off again?

They are not mincing their words here:

Mr Kennedy has now made more than 20 court appearances since he was first arrested in March, 2007.

An estimated £170,000 has been spent in police, prosecution and court costs without a single conviction.

Richard Baker, Labour's justice spokesman, said the cases brought against Mr Kennedy were in danger of making Grampian Police a "laughing stock".

And he voiced concern over the costs being accumulated by the force in pursuing Mr Kennedy at a time when it faces having to recruit 30 fewer officers this year after local councillors voted to plug only half of an estimated £780,000 shortfall in the police pension fund.

Mr Baker said: "People are getting sick of this locally. The fact is that there has been no real successful action taken against Stuart Kennedy and I think we are getting to a stage now where all that is being achieved by continuing to prosecute him is loads of free publicity for him.

"I don't see this as serving effectively as a deterrent and people regard this more as ludicrous than a serious matter."

http://news.scotsman.com/aberdeen/Stripper-cases-make--police.4892063.jp

And they have now made something stick:

A MALE stripper has been found guilty of impersonating a police officer and pulling over other drivers using flashing lights.
Stuart Kennedy, of Aberdeen, fitted a white strobe light to the dashboard of his car to stop motorists on Aberdeenshire roads on 28 June, a court heard yesterday.

The stripper, known as Sgt Eros, was also dressed as a police officer and had police equipment in his red Peugeot while driving on the way to work last year.

http://news.scotsman.com/aberdeen/Stripper-Sgt-Eros-guilty-of.5394197.jp

Back
Top Bottom