Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Strangeways

dynamicbaddog

run for your life
ITV's 3 part series about the inmates and staff at high security prison Strangeways.

C_71_article_1419539_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Started last Monday. (it doesn't seem to be on the ITV player) I must admit that wedding was rather moving Some scenes in this really are grim tho, they interview people on suicide watch and follow Lee Smith, , a 42 year old father-of-three who gets a shocking 15-year sentence for driving a van smuggling class As ‘just to get some money in for Christmas I never thought I’d end up here.":(
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...v-series-captures-robbers-wedding-behind-bars

Anyone else watching?

I saw the first one. Lee Smith should have asked questions when he was offered £500 'just for driving a van'. 15 years is a bit harsh though.

Strangeways, like many prisons, is said to be haunted. A number of prison officers and inmates have reported seeing a man in civilian clothes, bearing a striking resemblance to deceased public hangman John Ellis, walking along one of the prison landings and then disappearing into what was once the condemned cells.

Strangeways, like many prisons, is said to be haunted. A number of prison officers and inmates have reported seeing a man in civilian clothes, bearing a striking resemblance to deceased public hangman John Ellis, walking along one of the prison landings and then disappearing into what was once the condemned cells.

yeah, it's not haunted.

ffs, talk about the wrong comment on the wrong thread

fucking ghosts :rolleyes:

A mate of mine (ex forces) ended up as a screw at strangeways. He hated his fellow screws more than the prisoners. Probably because he couldnt take the cons to saturday afternoon football brawls. He's a nurse now.

Watched this the other night,fucking awful depressing place,kinda put paid to the holiday camp bollox the Sun and Wail like to spout about prisons

Did anyone watch this last night? Some of it was quite disturbing and dispelled the myth of holiday's at the Queens exspense. What do you think would be the best way forward with David Charlton, the man who refused to do anything for himself and wishes to spend his time in prison? Very difficult when no authority wants him on their books i'd have thought.

Yes, last night's programme focusing on the Healthcare wing was very grim indeed. I was surprised the psychiatrist was saying that David Charlton and the French remand prisoner weren't actually mentally ill. Makes you wonder how they define mental illness

Yes it was fascinating and grim in equal measure. How can people be so violent and not take responsibility? The guy who murdered his girlfriend was still blaming her. Brice is surely psychotic and Charlton...well. What can you say.

Seriously, does anybody have an idea as to what to do with a man like Mr Charlton? It's very sad that a man is how he is with no future other than continuing in his place in the system.

Seriously, does anybody have an idea as to what to do with a man like Mr Charlton? It's very sad that a man is how he is with no future other than continuing in his place in the system.

He is clearly mentally ill - maybe needs treating in a mental hospital or something. I think part of it is the system allows him to be like that - he was shocked and annoyed that no one came and cleaned his cell the same night he smashed it up.

If the just stuck him in the segregation cell, gave him his 3 meals and the opportunity to shower once a day he would probably be better behaved than when he gets constant attention, which is what he craves.

Either that or invent a massive hoover that just sucks him up, never to be heard off again. The Human Hoover - an easy way to be rid off those who are literally a waste of skin and chemicals

Did anyone else think that Charlton fella was like Andy from Little Britain?

I'm sure everyone did, they just waited for someone else to mention it first :). The similarities were so stark it occurred to me that Andy had influenced him.

It's on next, last week programme there was the homeless guy who shat and weed himself so that he could get a roof over his head. A French guy who tried to pull out his eyes and bite people and the murder who wasn't at fault and it was all his ex girlfriend fault. And some guy who was having a mental breakdown and wacking his head. But the prison guard couldn't do anything as other wise it was class as an assault. Fu*king 'ell what a strange world we live in...

I do either gym or drug I do gym but then it won't bother me either way but then I would do both... :facepalm: funking 'ell the guards have to be built like bricks... the adverts are doing my head in I luv Chessecakes...

Really, what is the point in David Charlton - if he were to snuff it would anyone in the whole world miss him? How many would be glad to be rid?

I Can't think or anyone ever in history with a more pointless existence (even Hitler's dog loved him)

Back
Top Bottom