Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

stik graffiti artist question

Nixon

peanut butter n.w.o.
Hey guys and girls!

Quick question and I know urban has been a great source of information over the years so despite not being online for a while I'm hoping to have more time to post and contribute again...

Anyways I dont know how many of your guys are into graffiti or street art,or who is familiar with the graffiti artist STIK (will post a photo for reference) but he is a long time old friend who I met early on squatting and before he got as renowned as he is now,he did stik portrait of me and gave me the canvas as a present,which was really sweet.almost ten years later now and despite my on off lack of housing I STILL have the painting and am now thinking to sell it to the right person or to the right place as I want to invest in a van to convert for living/travelling

I really don't know much about art...whether to sell online,whether to get it auctioned,to try and find an online seller,I have no idea...but I also have not the best idea of how much the canvas is worth...its about a metre by just over half a metre in dimentions...i do love the painting but it looks like I may be homeless again soon,this is the only thing I have thats worth any significant value at all I imagine...

But yeh if anyone has any idea on how much I might be able to get ans/or any ideas of how I can go about selling it and not getting myself screwed over id be greatly appreciative on any info
Ps it is all completely legit,signed and a one off piece as well..with an interesting back story.didnt wanna share the image here yet if I'm gonna sell but put one of his wall pieces below...anyways enough talk I'm still quite wrecked after splash...so yeh any info this way please

Love and light ta Nix

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_220px-STIK_graffiti.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_220px-STIK_graffiti.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 16
I'm familiar with Stik's work, there's quite a bit of it in the Hackney/ Tower Hamlets areas.

I don't really know what to suggest unless you enquire in a small independant gallery that sells street artist's work.
A couple I can think of are Stolen Space in Osborn Street E1 www.stolenspace.com or the Hang up Gallery in Stokey N16 www.hanguppictures.com
They may or may not be willing or able to give you some advice on how to value your picture.

Sorry you're having to think about selling it though :(

Banksy.info forum have a n active for sale section.
You might get a fair bit for it, search that forum for Stik, I've seen a few canvases go by.

Stik's a good man, shared a couple of beers with him whilst painting a coupleof years back.

Of the galleries above only hangup would buy in, in order to trade on.
You'll get a better price on a private sale...

I am into stik. I have an original sketch and went to his book signing. Lovely guy. PM me if you have any work to sell.

Hey guys and girls!

Quick question and I know urban has been a great source of information over the years so despite not being online for a while I'm hoping to have more time to post and contribute again...

Anyways I dont know how many of your guys are into graffiti or street art,or who is familiar with the graffiti artist STIK (will post a photo for reference) but he is a long time old friend who I met early on squatting and before he got as renowned as he is now,he did stik portrait of me and gave me the canvas as a present,which was really sweet.almost ten years later now and despite my on off lack of housing I STILL have the painting and am now thinking to sell it to the right person or to the right place as I want to invest in a van to convert for living/travelling

I really don't know much about art...whether to sell online,whether to get it auctioned,to try and find an online seller,I have no idea...but I also have not the best idea of how much the canvas is worth...its about a metre by just over half a metre in dimentions...i do love the painting but it looks like I may be homeless again soon,this is the only thing I have thats worth any significant value at all I imagine...

But yeh if anyone has any idea on how much I might be able to get ans/or any ideas of how I can go about selling it and not getting myself screwed over id be greatly appreciative on any info
Ps it is all completely legit,signed and a one off piece as well..with an interesting back story.didnt wanna share the image here yet if I'm gonna sell but put one of his wall pieces below...anyways enough talk I'm still quite wrecked after splash...so yeh any info this way please

Love and light ta Nix
Hello, I went to the Homerton hospital fund raiser, are you the young man I chatted to in the pub Wednesday evenning ? I travelled from Somerset with a friend who had a walking Stick.
If you have an original I would be very interested

Back
Top Bottom