Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Spotify vs. Google Play Music vs Apple vs Tidal and the rest....

What's your streaming player of choice?

• Spotify

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Google Play

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Apple Music

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Spotify but am thinking of changing

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Google Play but am thinking of changing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple Music but am thinking of changing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Summat else

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I am a wild-eyed meth-infused badger that lives in an octopus's garden

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters
Ooh which kit is that? I've got a small controller that works with Spotify but only with streamed songs and not downloaded ones, which makes it too risky for live work.
Denon kit. It only streams, and it’s got some shortcomings, I definitely wouldn’t risk it live

Changed my vote on this.

Was originally Apple Music. That was a 6 month free trial that I got with my last phone. Went to Spotify free, then Amazon Music, whatever was included with Prime, then to Spotify paid and I'm now on a 6 month free trial of Tidal <phew>.

Last edited:
"
From May 7th, 2020, Serato Pyro will no longer be supported

First of all, thank you for using our app. We are proud of the app, and it brought the party to a lot of people.

However, it being no longer supported means we won't be able to answer any support questions and have stopped developing Serato Pyro.

If you already have Serato Pyro installed on your iOS device, it may still work, but you will not be able to install the app on new iOS devices or reinstall it on your current device, as we are removing the App Store listing."

Changed my vote on this.

Was originally Apple Music. That was a 6 month free trial that I got with my last phone. Went to Spotify free, then Amazon Music, whatever was included with Prime, then to Spotify paid and I'm now on a 6 month free trial of Tidal <phew>.
I'm due to finish my Tidal subscription soon which means I'll have to start paying.

What's the winner these days for streaming?

I'm due to finish my Tidal subscription soon which means I'll have to start paying.

What's the winner these days for streaming?

I get Amazon included with my Prime, but find its a bit pants. Not just what's there, but the suggestions for things I might like, which I rely on to find new tunes. I'm quite invested in Spotify because of playlist and favorites and what not, so changing would be hard, but not sure what could be better? I'm on Duo which I split with my partner so 7 quid a month each doesn't seem awful.

Just signed up to free trial of Tidal. Needed to get shot of Spotify, which I reluctantly went to because Google killed Play Music, and the quality of Tidal intrigued me.
Anyone else on it?

I really enjoyed my free trial of Tidal. Found it easy to use and the Daily Mix was great once it had learned about my likings.

Found the podcast offering piss poor, so switched back to Spotify when the trial was up.

I have tidal for my decks because I have a cheap deal, but day to day listening is all Spotify.

I have a free trial of Apple Music at the moment but I’m not taken with it.

Seems like an age to have something so obvious, but its finally here.

Spotify has just launched an AI powered 'DJ' - has anyone had the pleasure?

It only appeared on mine today and I'm checking it out. Musically it seems to be doing alright with my preferences. The annoying American DJ 'voice' can do one though. Especially after pronouncing Soulfly as 'Soulflea'

Spotify has just launched an AI powered 'DJ' - has anyone had the pleasure?

It only appeared on mine today and I'm checking it out. Musically it seems to be doing alright with my preferences. The annoying American DJ 'voice' can do one though. Especially after pronouncing Soulfly as 'Soulflea'

Oh, I wondered what that new DJ icon was about. I'll check it out.

Back
Top Bottom