Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Space Hulk..

yeah but the previous video game wasnt faithfull to the board game... was it? :hmm:
i never played it

It was faithful in that you died begging for mercy more often than not :D

Looks pretty good anyway, nice to see Hulk and Warhammer Quest given a new lease of life, needs to get put on Android though.

yeah but the previous video game wasnt faithfull to the board game... was it? :hmm:
i never played it

Both the original and the (far superior) sequel Vengeance of the Blood Angels were very faithful to the boardgame - in VOTBA you could even play the actual board game missions.

As for this, not sure about the turn-based aspect - one of the best things about the 90s games was that you could watch your squadmates get picked off one by one in real time, having it happen at the end of a couple of turns will be far less scary.

true enough... would be great if you could watch replays, which played out in real time... as much as a turn based game can, anyway..

There is only one way to play Space Hulk

spacehulk-01.jpg

spacehulk-04.jpg

Oop.

Out on iOS @£7, with a massive (for iOS) 1.9gb DL size.

Not at all tempted by the full version (not whilst it's >£20 and yet to be discounted *despite* the abominable reviews) but this is more than enough to tempt me

A lot of games huge these days...tempted by this!

But seriously there's more than a few which are 1-2 gigs these days, tons that are .5-1 gig too. I should know I'm constantly deleting games on my 16gig iPad to play stuff!

Magic the Gathering 2012
Magic the Gathering 2013
Magic the Gathering 2014

:p
But seriously there's more than a few which are 1-2 gigs these days, tons that are .5-1 gig too. I should know I'm constantly deleting games on my 16gig iPad to play stuff!
You either don't understand the difference between DL size and game file size, or are referring to three games that have nothing to do with the "magic: the gathering" apps I'm finding on the App Store.

1.2 < 1.9. Traditionally.

E2a: though now I'm connected to my home wifi network, I can add that it's a 3.4gb installed file. Tbf, I appreciate that file size is far from being a reliable proxy of game / gfx complexity and quality. But I do have a sneaky interest nonetheless.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 17
This is a game with a very sexy intro.

E2a: and an incredibly beautiful interface.

Not sure about the gameplay yet,.. Mission 1, all genestealers killed on over watch, and *every single kill* was: 1) a one-shot kill (on "roll a 6 to hit"); and 2) resulted in my bolster jamming?!

Perhaps this is intro stuff.

E2a: ah, yes, in 12 rolls of a D6, my terminators rolled nothing but 6s.

I presume this will not last.

Also: IAPs prominent, hmmm.

Last edited:
You either don't understand the difference between DL size and game file size, or are referring to three games that have nothing to do with the "magic: the gathering" apps I'm finding on the App Store.

1.2 < 1.9. Traditionally.

E2a: though now I'm connected to my home wifi network, I can add that it's a 3.4gb installed file. Tbf, I appreciate that file size is far from being a reliable proxy of game / gfx complexity and quality. But I do have a sneaky interest nonetheless.

I remember a time when you had a sense of humour...what happened to that bloke?

cant remember... take a look at their steam page, they are very hands on and give frequent updates. Possibly the best communication between devs and the public i have ever seen.

This game has slightly redeemed itself. It's good bus ipad fodder. Although when I was playing it no one sat next to me (and it was standing room only) I had a shower that day and everything... Still it's buggy and slow. Maybe it'd be better on an ipad air... better add that to the list of incredibly tenuous reasons to get one..

New update for the iPad version, just played the first mission, quite fun although it does lack that element of banter as you sit around with your mates chatting/goading etc!

No idea. Just got it back on my iPad after a break to check out the dlc. Great game that's perfect for the tablet.

Back
Top Bottom