Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Good Space games?

I played the demo. It looks like it could be good but not sure I can afford £15.

And he needs a proofreader.

Homeworld/Homeworld 2 for RTS.

Gearbox have just bought the IP interestingly (after the demise of THQ).

My previous post was btw caused by the fact that I've heard no news of Rebirth for so long (bear in mind it was first scheduled to be released in the 4th quarter of 2011 or 1st q of 2012) that I had kind of forgotten it was in the pipeline, despite being excited for it 2 years ago. We've had Albion Prelude (an addon to X3:TC that people who already purchased TC got for free, Egosoft are bloody superb about giving free DLC to people who bought the game) in the meantime, and Rebirth is still in development but still no concrete release date as far as I can tell.

Homeworld/Homeworld 2 for RTS.

Gearbox have just bought the IP interestingly (after the demise of THQ).

I've just seen that Gearbox are remastering Homeworld 1 & 2 and they should appear on Steam. Also Blackbird Interactive, who include the original developers of Homeworld, are working with Gearbox to produce a prequel called Homeworld Shipbreakers.

Kokatu

Last edited:
I played the demo. It looks like it could be good but not sure I can afford £15.

And he needs a proofreader.
I bought it from gog for $9 or something like that today. it's annoying that it doesn't seem to have a windowed mode, which i much prefer so i can keep a track of time - and that is definitely something i need with this as it is addictive. just one more trade run turns into 3 hours lost whilst i amass a few millions space dollars or whatever they would be called. worth $9 if you have it.

The space genre shooter seems to have died a fair bit on the past years. Last I remember playing to the end is Tachyon: The Fringe. It has Bruce Campbell on it :cool:

For those still waiting for Elite, you could have a go with HardWar. It's old (15 years, maybe), but has a fan-patch made by one of the developers that allow to run in modern systems (they tried to open source the code, but the copyright holder was unknown). It is quite deep - make money as a trader, bounty hunter, scavenger or pirate.

Here is a vid by Rooks and Kings, one of the best 'lone wolves' hot droppers, wormhole raiders in Eve and their campaign against Aperture Harmonics, another wormhole Alliance in Eve.

Back
Top Bottom