Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

South London feeder for March 26th TUC demo - Kennington Park 11am

Thank you.

someone has also suggested I meet them in Kennington but someone else says they reckon that feeder might get kettled sharpish.

Lambeth SOS and Lewisham Anti Cuts Alliance are clear they won't support any such speakers on the platform. Unfortunately Right to Work (SWP) and some in the trades councils want to put pro-cuts MPs such as Kate Hoey and Chuka Umunna on the platform. Unbelievable but I'm hoping they won't get their way.

Chuka Umunna voted against the Trade Union Freedom Bill for fucks sake!

sorry i dont quite get this. Why would pro cuts MPs want to be speakers?

Thank you.

someone has also suggested I meet them in Kennington but someone else says they reckon that feeder might get kettled sharpish.

more that u will have to walk for miles to get to Hyde park. U will be so knackered u wont be able to ram a pram into Barclays.;)

I don't reckon we'll be out longer than 2 or 3 hours and if it's an 11am start I seriously doubt there'll be any kettling going on that early. Plus they won't kettle a 4 month old baby, quite obviously.

That depends on how many people turn up to the start. If loads of people turn up. And Ive heard there are already coaches booked from different parts of the country it may take some time to assemble them all.

It does say assemble at 11 starting time is something different.

sorry i dont quite get this. Why would pro cuts MPs want to be speakers?

Presumably so they can look like they're listening to what people want then sneak off and support the party line? Anyway, they're not coming. A shame in many ways... :D

Did people notice a 'Radical workers bloc' is meeting at Kennington park - mostly solfed and afed I think, so that will be pretty black blocish I imagine, if you want that kind of fun.

Given that the TUC has been getting stewards trained by the Met I think these 'unofficial' feeder marchers are great - and preferably wouldn't meet up with main march at all. Some people say it should meet the main march to increase the numbers there but why? It's not a numbers game. It's not a question of who has the most 'moral authority'. The govt won't have an official counter going "Oh right, now it's over 200,000 we have to take notice."

For me there is as yet no serious way to oppose govt power, no organised movement you would recognise as such, so I think disruption is the best we can do, to demonstrate a refusal to play their sordid little game, and to start building networks of people who understand the nature of the fight. And in terms of this demonstration, that means it is less about numbers and more about a bit of planning and a bit of determination among groups.

Presumably so they can look like they're listening to what people want then sneak off and support the party line? Anyway, they're not coming. A shame in many ways... :D

Oh right. Like Chuka was over the Ice rink/ car park issue ( see U75 threads). He opposed Tescos (publicly on his blog) and then decided that "comprimise" with Tescos was needed.

Did people notice a 'Radical workers bloc' is meeting at Kennington park - mostly solfed and afed I think, so that will be pretty black blocish I imagine, if you want that kind of fun.

Does this mean if I go on main march and have a few drinks afterwards will AFED be doing some late evening entertainment in West End?:D

This march shouldnt even bother trying to link up with TUC.
The UK Uncut grouping would appreciate some more numbers I imagine.

This march shouldnt even bother trying to link up with TUC.
The UK Uncut grouping would appreciate some more numbers I imagine.

Innit. And if you aren't thinking about it yet, try to initiate some action yourself. In my experience there is always way too much waiting for other people to organise the cool stuff and then you can join in. If you can gather just a few people you have enough to do something - some photo op with a good banner somewhere, handing out hard hats to protect against violent police, or if you have a few more people, invading the lobby of some bank building or summat. It all adds to the bigger picture... :cool:

might come along to this with the camera for some photographs.

150608_marcvallee_anti_bush_protest_fit_blog.jpg

:D

I'm in two minds about whether to start at Kennington or go straight to the action in town. I'll be with a few Urbs...anyone meeting up in Kennington Park or is everyone going straight in town?

I'm not 100% sure at the moment. If it's just me, I'll be at Kennington Park (with people from work, etc), if it's me, the missus & pram, we'll probably be doing that pram thing that I posted about before.

I was watching TV and Lindsey German was on about Libya. Am I right that the march is going to be anti intervention as well now?

few more stickers from West End

Attachments

• DSCN4247.jpg
    DSCN4247.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN4243.jpg
    DSCN4243.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN4162.jpg
    DSCN4162.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 6
Things really aren't going my way this week, if I can't make it on Saturday is there something else I can do close to home? I can't do nothing :(

Biddly, cooltan arts are doing a shuffle against the cuts, from walworth road to the imperial war museum from twelve til
three. Guided walk / protest, with local history, history of disabled people's rights and protest. Www.cooltanarts.org.uk the whole thing's fully inclusive and accessible.
dunno if that helps?

I was in the Albert (getting very drunk) and someone told me the horse ( The Armed Wing of the TUC:) ) went all the way from Kennington.

Wandered off to Oxford Circus apparently:D

Attachments

• DSCN4365.jpg
    DSCN4365.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN4364.jpg
    DSCN4364.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN4377.jpg
    DSCN4377.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN4376.jpg