I feel like C.C. Baxter in Wilder's 'Apartment',
That particular arrangement just came out of the blue

She looks like Eva Marie Saint
In "On the Waterfront"

Return of the fly
Return of the fly
With Vincent price
Yeah, return of the fly

And so on and so forth, that sort of thing.

this one's of course a classic of the genre, but i'm not sure if the actual movie ever was reliably identified...?

They sure did...

Taxi Driver

That Mick Jones in particular. Note his tribute to Nic Roeg

The title (& second verse) is obviously Insignificance, the first is Walkabout and the song also contains references to Performance & the Man Who Fell to Earth.

XTC's Merely a Man mentions the Wizard of Oz, though it's the character rather than the film per se.

There's probably a whole essay to be done on Scarface and music - from Prince Buster through to the Specials, and then every 80s/90s hiphop track in the world sampling the remake.

Between Guns of Navarone, Cincinnati Kid and Al Capone I suppose classic ska has film pretty well covered. You could also post pretty much the entire discography of Mr. Robert Zombie here.

If we’re into sampled sections Blade Runner must be up there too, everyone from Sigue Sigue Sputnik to Unkle

This may be cheating a bit but Bryan Ferry's "In the mood for love" is the soundtrack for the trailer for the said film.
The track was only used in the trailer but aren't trailers a little world in themselves ? It's a timeless film I always recommend.

Back
Top Bottom