Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Soho Residence offers 'opulent gin parlour, a botanical feel and grown-up fun & late night partying

editor

hiraethified
God it sounds awful.

ThhDq1rEbp0c-aqu2ku59mvamRHw6LuA4rsTrG9uvU9vG8-K62cEZbG7jJM-abMkBlWiZsyCh3QkQUYF0kswwWI=s0-d-e1-ft

Soho’s iconic Roundhouse has undergone a full and fantastic £1m restoration and will reopen as Soho Residence, the premier bar, club and lounge space in London’s West End.
Opening on November 28th with a capacity of 350 and spread across three floors at 83-85 Wardour Street, the magnificent Soho Residence is the most exciting and anticipated new venue Soho has seen in decades.

Erected in 1892, the Roundhouse building itself has previously existed as blues and skiffle clubs, welcoming celebrated performers from around the world. Its latest and greatest incarnation as Soho Residence will continue this rich tradition by offering the ultimate night out experience in a venue of unrivalled elegance and grace.

This uncompromisingly restored space, formerly known as The O Bar, offers an opulent gin parlour for the discerning drinker, a botanical cocktail bar with world class service and a warm, relaxed atmosphere throughout. Housed in Soho’s most famous and historic landmark, and with DJs providing a classy soundtrack, this chic and sleek new venue will be open until 3am Monday to Saturday, and 12:30am on Sundays.

The ritzy ground floor Botanical Bar of Soho Residence boasts a hint of art deco style with enormous windows allowing light to flood in, a fresh botanical feel, hanging plants and banquette seating, plus plump cushions and a plush Soho vibe, all complemented by professional service and contemporary cocktails that dazzle with their fun, flair and flavour.

The basement Festival Club is a place to be mischievous with high-end lighting, big screen imaging and a selection of craft beers and cocktails that will welcome the capital’s glitterati for nights of grown-up fun and late night partying.

Lastly, the first floor Gin Parlour has high ceilings and tall windows which direct your gaze down to the bustling streets of Soho below as well as snug sofas and sumptuous fabrics, all in a cosmopolitan and carefully curated space designed to make you feel like a million dollars. This floor and the Festival Club are both available for private hire.

Soho Residence is the most adventurous and exciting new development to hit the West End in many years and this artfully realised vision of a venue is set to become the most talked about and must visit destination in London.

Soho Residence will soft launch on Wednesday 28th November. For more information and bookings head to sohoresidence.co.uk

Reactions: tim
What sounds awful about it? I’d kinda love Leeds to have somewhere with hanging plants and red velvet where you could drink gin. Theoretically, if I drank.
I'd love something like it here. Somewhere to sit with friends, drink or not, just a chilled late night place. The bars here are close, but tend to be very noisy.

What the hell is an "uncompromisingly restored space" anyway? What does that mean?
In a Grand Designs language it means shall we buy the really nice taps we wanted? or get the perfectly good but cheaper ones?
Give me really nice taps or give me death!!!!

. Lastly, the first floor Gin Parlour has high ceilings and tall windows which direct your gaze down to the bustling streets of Soho below as well as snug sofas and sumptuous fabrics, all in a cosmopolitan and carefully curated space designed to make you feel like a million dollars.

images

I quite like hanging out in opulent surroundings with nice taps in the bogs tbh. The rich can fuck off if they think they get all the nice things.
These places aren't always that expensive if you stick to regular drinks either. I had a couple of beers sitting outside the Dean Street Townhouse the other day - nice spot to people watch and a pint of Heineken was a fiver - not really more than you'd pay anywhere else in Soho. Similar sort of deal in the Hospital Club in Covent Garden. Not places I tend to make a habit of hanging out in but it's not all diamond encrusted champagne.

Reclaim the swanky bars!

Not sure if it helps my credentials but dinner was a £1.99 big mac and fries from McDonalds where the toilets didn't have nice taps and were an absolute mess and I was accosted by a man who was either smoking crack or had a crack flavoured vape which was a bit unsettling as I was on my own in there with him, still he ended up being a nice enough bloke even when I told him I had no change and we had a pleasant and brief chat.

But still, dinner and a swanky beer in Covent Garden for under £7 - that is getting on to Wetherspoons prices.

These places aren't always that expensive if you stick to regular drinks either. I had a couple of beers sitting outside the Dean Street Townhouse the other day - nice spot to people watch and a pint of Heineken was a fiver - not really more than you'd pay anywhere else in Soho. Similar sort of deal in the Hospital Club in Covent Garden. Not places I tend to make a habit of hanging out in but it's not all diamond encrusted champagne.

Reclaim the swanky bars!
I'm pretty sure you won't be getting a pint of Heineken or anything else at this place for a fiver -and that's already an almighty rip off price anyway.

This is the place that was formerly the O Bar? Next to Village? I've ended up in there when it was one of the few places still open at 2am on a weeknight that isn't a shit club. The whole area is full of pretentious places though. It's entirely un-noteworthy in Soho these days.

This trendy obsession with Gin though. 'Gin Parlours' - WTF is that all about? Who even likes Gin this much?

Load of bollocks.

I'm surprised the gin wave hasn't broken yet, but it seems to be still growing in popularity year on year: I don't think you can even call it trendy anymore, it's mainstream. My local spar - hardly a litmus test of trendiness - now has a large selection of premium gins - probably more than the rest of the spirits they sell put together.

You're years out of date - as I said, fancy gin is mainstream now. My mate does an annual gin festival, and the attendees are far from hipster - just people who like getting pissed for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom