Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

So we have to pay just to get into the Olympic Park?

teuchter

je suis teuchter
£10 just to have a look around at all the buildings and everything else paid for out of public money and soak up the atmosphere at these games which are all about including us the people of London.

Great. :mad:

I was going to take a break from Olympic cynicism and go and soak up the atmosphere at the weekend but they've blown their chances now.

Tickets for the Paralympics start at £10, if you just want to go to the park you may as well get those and watch something as well.
£20 tickets for the athletics finals still on sale :cool:.

That had occurred to me looking at the stadium pictures...
I think I want to go up the Orbit now as well (£15) but surely that will be staying up afterwards?

Really? £10 just to take a wander but not actually watch an event?

Oh dear, hopemy house guests don't go there today as I told them it was free :D

I would have liked to go but I'm guessing they don't have wheelchairs for hire?

It seems to be..

I know some friends of varying physical ability went. But I think the wheel chair needers had their own. Not sure though

If it's going to be a venue you have to pay to get into then it should have wheelchairs. All museums have wheelchairs, London Zoo, Kew Gardens etc. all have wheelchairs. Would be a big fuck-up if they didn't have them especially if they're charging

Looks like they do have wheelchairs

Once inside a venue, disabled spectators and people with limited mobility will be able to use the Games Mobility service for help getting around. This free service will be easy to find on entering a venue and will loan out manual wheelchairs, powerchairs and electric scooters. The service also includes guiding visually impaired spectators to their seats. You will be able to loan a vehicle on the day of the event or book in advance. Please read Accessibility for more information.
Please read Accessible travel for more information about getting to the Games.

Although that says venue. Does that mean just a venue or the park itself? :hmm:

You can look around for free on Google maps :)

I wanted to go this week but it's all sold out and tickets are not available next week as the main stadium events are going on.

Think I'll go up there for the Paras just to see where all the money went.

Having resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't going to get to have a look around the Olympic Park while the Olympics/Paralympics are on, without paying and staying up all night waiting for ticket alerts, I thought at least I'll be able to go once it's all over.

But this evening someone told me that as soon as the Paralympics finish it'll all be locked up and we can't get in until 2013.

Not even a week, a day, even, for Londoners to go and have a snoop around once the show's over.

Is this true?

Having resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't going to get to have a look around the Olympic Park while the Olympics/Paralympics are on, without paying and staying up all night waiting for ticket alerts, I thought at least I'll be able to go once it's all over.

But this evening someone told me that as soon as the Paralympics finish it'll all be locked up and we can't get in until 2013.

Not even a week, a day, even, for Londoners to go and have a snoop around once the show's over.

Is this true?

sadly yes, the day passes by the way got you in to tennis, goalball, 5 a side, basketball and rugby prelimianaries, you had to queue again inside for a day ticket for each venue I think… Hopefully they'll be some sort of post olympic events before its all dismantled

Is this true?

You were a bit fussy about the days you wanted to go though (ie. only Monday) :D

If you'd given me some evenings (or days) you wanted to go, I'd have attempted to keep an eye out for tickets for you

You were a bit fussy about the days you wanted to go though (ie. only Monday) :D

Well, yes, but I don't think I'm unique amongst Londoners in not being free to gad around every day of the week.

Seeing as the thing was built at least partly with public money, and as we keep being told how the Olympics are inspiring all Londoners, does it seem unreasonable for us to want to wander along and have a look at everything at some point - after the games have finished if necessary?

Well, yes, but I don't think I'm unique amongst Londoners in not being free to gad around every day of the week.

Seeing as the thing was built at least partly with public money, and as we keep being told how the Olympics are inspiring all Londoners, does it seem unreasonable for us to want to wander along and have a look at everything at some point - after the games have finished if necessary?

Not at all, but as I didn't know whether it was going to happen, I decided to get tickets instead. To be fair, considering you get free travelcard if you get a £10 day pass, it's practically free anyway. Fair enough, you don't with an Olympic Park pass, but it's only £5 and £1 for kids

Don't you have nights free then?

Is this true?

IIRC it basically becomes a building site again once the games are over, as various buildings are re-jigged for their new uses, i.e. the accommodation blocks are turned into homes, etc.

Back
Top Bottom