Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Smoke and Mirrors: The Psychology of Magic – free exhibition at the Wellcome Collection, London

editor

hiraethified
This free exhibition is wonderful!

smoke-mirrors-welcome-01.jpg

smoke-mirrors-welcome-02.jpg

Fantastic exhibition! Smoke and Mirrors: The Psychology of Magic – free exhibition at the Wellcome Collection, London

Ooh, would like to see that if I manage to get down to that London in time. :thumbs:
Is that you in the first pic?

There are many excellent exhibitions on at the Wellcome. I will have to get my daughter down for this one.

We saw Smoke and Mirrors and are still arguing about how the pen disappearing trick shown in the entrance was done; please help!!!

Found it interesting as to how we can be made to believe things things that do not actually exist, have not really happened...

We saw Smoke and Mirrors and are still arguing about how the pen disappearing trick shown in the entrance was done; please help!!!

Mate of mine is in the Magic Circle and makes a decent living from magic, YouTube Ben Williams Magic to see him in action. The stuff he does is astonishing, but we never ask how it is done, as he acknowledges that once he tells you your response is, “Oh, that’s dull.”

The smoke n mirrors is more about the psychology of it all and how they make you think you see something that isn't there. There are 3 or 4 things
where they show you how the illusion is performed to demonstrate that what "happened" is in your head. A great exhibition. And when explained to you
the obvious thing is oh, partly because you feel stupid because it is obvious and you should have known better. :)

The smoke n mirrors is more about the psychology of it all and how they make you think you see something that isn't there. There are 3 or 4 things
where they show you how the illusion is performed to demonstrate that what "happened" is in your head. A great exhibition. And when explained to you
the obvious thing is oh, partly because you feel stupid because it is obvious and you should have known better. :)

Ben also does mind-reading and all that shit too. Basically the fucker makes can plant a thought in your head and make you feel that you thought it.

Back
Top Bottom