Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Slow cooker

ice-is-forming

Up all night man, I'm a fucking beast ..
I've taken out my slow cooker cos it's cold & wet & winter. I'm not a big fan of too many flavours, so I'm looking for max 5 ingredients for a slow cooker for dinner.

My go tos are pork, sweet potato n apple.
Or beef, carrot, mushroom & potato. I'd like some inspiration please? :)

Reactions: Ax^
Leg of lamb
Leeks
Carrots
Tinned toms
Rosemary & garlic

Slow cook until lamb tender and falling off bone. Shred meat with forks into the vegetable to create a ragu.

Serve with linguine and Parmesan one night
With mashed potatoes on top as Sheppard’s pie another night

It’s fucking lush! You’ll get at least 8 servings out of it.

This thread reminds me. I have a large slow cooker I never use. Must put it on the recycle thread sometime.

Spare ribs:

2 cups (500ml) barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (optional for a hint of spice)
2 kg (4 pounds) baby back pork ribs
Salt , to taste

When done, broil (grill) in preheated oven at 400°F (220°C) for about 10 minutes or until beginning to char and crisp on the edges.

serve with rice

A helpful hint from fb is to put a sheet of paper towel under the lid.

It is supposed to help crisp things up.

I'm going to try it next time I use the slow cooker.

Simple recipe I plan on using for my next pork roast.

Put pork in, put a can of apple pie filling on top.

Definitely one of my favourites.

Chicken, onion, chickpeas, tinned tomatoes, dried apricots, for a tagine-y type dish. (Plus spices: chilli, cinnamon) serve with cous cous.

Also try Googling the French sausage casserole 'cassoulet' which is basically a sausage and bean casserole. You need to brown the sausages first. (I don't eat pig but Quorn cocktail sausages are a good veggie substitute.)

8 good sausages (brown in pan and prick)
Packet of Colemans sausage casserole mix
Large white onion spliced thin and long
Tin of chopped tomatoes
tin of haricot beans (any beans really…optional though)
Sprinkle of mixed herbs and seasoning to taste.
Eat with a French loaf and loads of butter.

Chicken, onion, chickpeas, tinned tomatoes, dried apricots, for a tagine-y type dish. (Plus spices: chilli, cinnamon) serve with cous cous.

Also try Googling the French sausage casserole 'cassoulet' which is basically a sausage and bean casserole. You need to brown the sausages first. (I don't eat pig but Quorn cocktail sausages are a good veggie substitute.)
Beat me to it!

Proper BBQ heads would be upset, but pulled pork. Ignore the recipes which have you cook the pork shoulder in the sauce. Cook it in water or stock, shred it and add it to the sauce. You can use the slow cooker to keep it warm though. I like to make my own sauce, but premade with loads of cider vinegar to take away the extreme sweetness also works.

I've also been quite liking pearl barley in stews. Makes a meal that when frozen you can just nuke in the microwave without a side if you've had one of those days.

Leg of lamb
Leeks
Carrots
Tinned toms
Rosemary & garlic

Slow cook until lamb tender and falling off bone. Shred meat with forks into the vegetable to create a ragu.

Serve with linguine and Parmesan one night
With mashed potatoes on top as Sheppard’s pie another night

It’s fucking lush! You’ll get at least 8 servings out of it.

Do the same with half a shoulder of lamb, it’s cheaper

EB97F94A-F997-438B-ADD2-881DF5D68B6E.jpegAttempting brisket today - never cooked a joint of meat before. Have seared meat and done veg in pan before chucking them in together till 6pm. If it’s horrible I’ve told the folks coming round I will order a ruby

7BF4DC3B-798A-45B9-840A-8D36FD016244.jpeg

Last edited:
Cheat stew.

Joint of Beef Brisket
2 red onions chopped big
Big can of bitter

Slow cook all day.

Add a few tablespoons of Bisto instant gravy an hout from the end.

Back
Top Bottom