Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Skiing holiday in borovets, but no snow!

ATOMIC SUPLEX

Very first world problem I know.
My family including my brother have booked a skiing holiday over the Christmas period. Been two years in a row, and I can't imagine the place without snow. However it is currently warmer than London, and no snow due to fall until after we return.
Bummer.
The other bummer is . . . Are the restaurants even open if the slopes aren't?

its a bit grim if theres no snow- most resorts are in a snowless winter. went there at easter and there was some snow left a couple of years ago.plenty to eat and drink as this is the main bread earner for many and they will be open.if no snow, the spas and pools will fill a day or two.Sofia is an hour away and thats a great city.

Yeah. Probably check out Sofia one day, always wanted to see more Bulgaria. I'm not mad keen on skiing but my family are and it will/would be the first time for my brother.
A bit of skiing early in the morning then doing fuck all all afternoon is fine by me. . . Doing fuck all all day might be a bit much. I did enjoy using the hotel spa and pool while everyone was out skiing, but if there is no snow the pools going to be choc full. Boo.

Current report says we might get some snow Monday,Tuesday, Wednesday but I expect even that would be too little too late.

Got to leave early Friday morning.

He said “Yes. They'll be filling their boots with cash from people like you who have to hit the bars instead of skiing. You could do a lot worse than a couple of trips to Sofia and Plovdiv though.” Hope that helps.
Did he say :“Yes. They'll be filling their boots with cash from people like you who have to hit the bars instead of skiing. You could do a lot worse than a couple of trips to Sofia and Plovdiv though.”?

North Atlantic and Arctic Oscillations are against you. Ensemble modelling suggests there could be a chance of a little snowfall in the period 22-26 Dec for Eastern Europe. Better chances of snowfall there exist for 27-31 Dec but then there are hints of warming thereafter into mid January.

North Atlantic and Arctic Oscillations are against you. Ensemble modelling suggests there could be a chance of a little snowfall in the period 22-26 Dec for Eastern Europe. Better chances of snowfall there exist for 27-31 Dec but then there are hints of warming thereafter into mid January.
Hey 2hats, can you work your mystical magic for me please - what does your crystal ball say about the French Alps (Les Houches - Chamonix Valley) and the Dolomites (Kronplatz - Pustertal Valley)?

Yeah. Probably check out Sofia one day, always wanted to see more Bulgaria. I'm not mad keen on skiing but my family are and it will/would be the first time for my brother.
A bit of skiing early in the morning then doing fuck all all afternoon is fine by me. . . Doing fuck all all day might be a bit much. I did enjoy using the hotel spa and pool while everyone was out skiing, but if there is no snow the pools going to be choc full. Boo.

Current report says we might get some snow Monday,Tuesday, Wednesday but I expect even that would be too little too late.

Got to leave early Friday morning.
Sorry mate, looks pretty sparse :(

Still, all the apres ski with none of the actual ski :cool:

Last edited:
Hey 2hats, can you work your mystical magic for me please - what does your crystal ball say about the French Alps (Les Houches - Chamonix Valley) and the Dolomites (Kronplatz - Pustertal Valley)?
Just relocated to the other side of the planet so not quite on the ball yet. You don't say what dates.

Les Houches Dec 22nd - 26th; Kronplatz Dec 27th - Jan 3rd.
Les Houches - a few cm of snow every day up till Tuesday, then sunny intervals Wednesday, Thursday. Maybe best part of a metre of snowfall over the coming week.

Kronplatz - last few days of Dec, first few of January - cloud, sunny intervals, light snow showers. Might get 25cm or so this coming week but only maybe around 10cm new snow over the dates you give.
Congrats on the move :cool:
Sorry for the confusion. Not permanent. Just hopping around for a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom