Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

signing on one time a year at age 62

Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)

Jobseeker's Allowance | Claiming benefits | Money matters | Age UK

may be worth a look - CAB page is specific to England, and Age UK do have a separate NI page - a few of the rules are subtly different round the UK

The only reference I can find to any rules for people over 62 is a couple of press articles which are also from Ireland.

It sounds a sensible sort of policy, which I can't see the bunch of twunts we have as a government doing anything remotely similar here.

I did also find jsalocal.uk who seem to be a bunch of bloody parasites offering not much advice and premium rate phone numbers for (probably dubious) advice - avoid at all costs.

The benefit changes over the last decade have been about discouraging people from claiming and scapegoating claiments along side keeping the poorest in society busy by engaging them in useless tasks, for fear they may start doing something useful. Because of that I can't see them giving you an easy ride just because you're older.

A friend of mine who was over 60 was put on something called 'Pension Credit' and didn't have to sign on. This was a few years ago, he's 68 now, so it may have changed with UC.

Yeah it's defo treated as any other claimant up to state pension age. With your health, can you get a doctor to sign you off as too ill to work and then you at least get ESA or UC without having to seek work for a bit before DWP get round to finding you fit to work or have you already done that

A 63 year old volunteers at the place I work at. She still has to sign on every two weeks and prove that she's applying for jobs that no one is going to employ her for as she will retire in a couple of years. They also keep changing her signing on time, almost as if they want to make it more difficult for her to volunteer

Back
Top Bottom