Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shrimp Tank / Aquarium

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
R.I.P.
I am going to set up a Shrimp aquarium :)

neocaridina-fire-red-shrimp-aquarium-shrimp-aquacult-1508-19-aquacult@21.jpg

Any advice?

Shrimps are cool. They like plants, some breed easily from what i remember. Set up the tank and let it cycle in like you would a fish tank. Make sure the filter can't suck them in. I think they like a specific temperature to breed too.

I've used this site before. Would get more shrimps but have yo-yo loaches that eat them :(

Pro Shrimp UK - Freshwater Shrimp, Nano Aquatics and Aquascaping - Pro Shrimp
Cheers :)

I am planning on planting the tank and leave it for 2-3 weeks to let the water balance.

Shrimp are (unfortunately for them) delicious to most fish (and people:( ) so plan to start the tank just with Shrimp. Might add some small fish (Tetra or similar) to add some balance to the tank.

Worth looking on Facebook if you use it too. Often people get rid of aquariums for very cheap

This is a small tank i got given, the light is enough to keep simple plants alive. It has got some Java moss on the rocks although that has died back a bit as the tall plants are a bit rampant. Most of the fish are babies from a larger tank. I could get shrimp for this one.. hmm got me thinking!

DSC_1254.JPG DSC_1255.JPG

You can get stuff called Stress Coat for water changes and i think it helps with starting up a tank

Seen a few good tanks for sale (£20-50) locally on gumtree. Just missed out on them but got an alert set up now.

Seems a lot of the ads are for tanks WITH fish which is annoying and pretty unkind to the fish as transporting will likely kill them due to water etc :(

Yeah. Constantly on the go. Tried to get a pic, as you can see, not showing up so much aas blue but still cool. Probably as much to do with the lighting. They might not be blue ones at all.. Not sure!DSC_1325.JPG

How are the Shrinp doing Mumbles274?

I am collecting a (free) tank tonight. Only been used to keep goldfish until now and there is still one goldfish remaining. This will be dispatched to my dad's pond shortly.

Looks like it needs a good clean up but already has a filter and lights so will only need a heater :)

Last edited:
How are the Shrinp doing Mumbles274?

I am collecting a (free) tank tonight. Only been used to keep goldfish until know and there is still one goldfish remaining. This will be dispatched to my dad's pond shortly.

Looks like it needs a good clean up but already has a filter and lights so will only need a heater :)
They are good. Was thinking about posting an update the other day. They share a tank with guppies that have had a squillion babies!! It's like guppy soup!

Back
Top Bottom