Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shaun Wright-Phillips or Jermaine Pennant?

Shaun Wright Phillips or Jermaine Pennant

• Total voters
On present form, who should get into the England squad as deputy Right Midfielder?

OK, while an SWP playing regularly is a great player, at the moment he just isn't playing. Pennant on the other hand is the one plus point of an otherwise disappointing Birmingham side.

See poll

Pennent isn't good enough for an england cap yet. I would have jenas on the right or for that matter gerrad on the right over pennent.

Shawn wrighht phillips isn't getting any minutes for chelsea but i would much perfer to chuck him on for 15 mins in a game then pennent.

dave

If it had to be one of them based on current form, it has to be Pennant. He's delivered more crosses than anyone else in the division this season apparently. Don't know if he is international class yet though - I don't think SWP is either.

Pennant mainly because it might indicate to certain players that picking good money at a big club to spend most of the season in their reserves won't guarantee you an international berth either (why I would also have Reo Coker over danny Murphy). And also because he is very good.

I think Pennant should be a squad player. He'd make a fantastic supersub imo, whenever I see him he just seems to run the Birmingham attacks.

Back
Top Bottom