Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Help Samsung Phone losing it's bluetooth range.

ATOMIC SUPLEX

My old samsung had a decent bluetooth range. I could leave my phone anywhere in the house and listen to podcasts or whatever on headphones wherever I went, even to the other end of the garden or to work in the shed.
As soon as I got the A53 I noticed that I can't go downstairs without my watch disconnecting. If I do some gardening I have to keep the phone a few metres away or I can't listen to music on headphones.
OK so far, first world problems. I can live with that, maybe this phone just has a crappy range. . . . but today I rebooted it when I put some new music on the card and it has now only got about a metre of bluetooth range, and sometimes that gives out. It's disconnecting from my watch and headphones while it is still in my pocket.
I've tried rebooting it etc but it doesn't make any difference.

Is this a fixable problem? Can the range be extended? Why was it so good on my last samsung. It's a bit of a killer as I listen to music on my phone A LOT, out running, or doing just about anything.

My old samsung had a decent bluetooth range. I could leave my phone anywhere in the house and listen to podcasts or whatever on headphones wherever I went, even to the other end of the garden or to work in the shed.
As soon as I got the A53 I noticed that I can't go downstairs without my watch disconnecting. If I do some gardening I have to keep the phone a few metres away or I can't listen to music on headphones.
OK so far, first world problems. I can live with that, maybe this phone just has a crappy range. . . . but today I rebooted it when I put some new music on the card and it has now only got about a metre of bluetooth range, and sometimes that gives out. It's disconnecting from my watch and headphones while it is still in my pocket.
I've tried rebooting it etc but it doesn't make any difference.

Is this a fixable problem? Can the range be extended? Why was it so good on my last samsung. It's a bit of a killer as I listen to music on my phone A LOT, out running, or doing just about anything.

Found this which says known problem:

Found this which says known problem:

Thanks, but I've updated since this all took place. It started happening to my phone without an update of any kind.

Yes.
It's basically a much MUCH shorter ranger range than my last Samsung from the off. Instead of covering my entire house and garden, I'm out of range in the next room.

The problem with needing to be 10cm away has at least gone fir now.

Back
Top Bottom