Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Saints Row: The Third

So who else will be playing this? i've got mine on pre-order which i don't do much with games but after playing saints row 2 i felt that i had to get this one.

i would go on abut what i liked about the series but yatzee does a better explanation

it's a decent game.

i'm not so sure about the city at the mo but the gameplay is better and driving now is fun when previously i disliked it

Picked this up today so am just about to tuck into my first experience of (any) Saints Row :) just had myself a spliff, have cracked a beer and have the house free to myself until about 11pm.

i got lost in skyrim but managed to put this on last week, love it , such sillyness its what gta v should have been :)

i think most of the game play mechanics have improved over SR2 but for some reason SR3 really doesn't feel as big as SR2.

the city seems a lot smaller and doesn't have as many interesting places.

it just seems a lot less varied

mind you they have polished the things they have included. the driving is now awesome whereas before i found it really mediocre to bad (poor console port perhaps as i think it was down to the move from analogue controls to binary keyboard controls without a change of algorithm ) and i really enjoy getting into gun fights.

i really enjoy the ludicrousness of the game but i wish there was a bit more to the story.

also one small thing.

in saints row 2 you did a lot of crazy shit but against a somewhat normal background. you were that insane dude who brought a rocket launcher to a knife fight. you actions were considered to be crazy over the top. in saints row 3 the dedication to being insanly over the top means you're bringing a rocket launcher to a rocket launcher fight which isn't quite as fun

i still think saints row 3 is a fantastic game. it's fantastic for just blowing off steam and running rampage but given that there probably is going to be a saints row 4 given all the positive reviews i do hope that they put some more story and verity back into saints row. hell even if your not going to focus on the story at least have more stuff to do and a really interesting world to explore

Why on earth didn't I get this when it first came out?

And why on earth did GTA games stop being this fun?

And I love the very minor change where experience is RESPECT...

Winning the tank mayhem mission by driving off an overpass and Mario-ing an unsuspecting truck RESPECT!

Killing Professor Genki by hitting him with my car, parking over his body, and doing burnouts until he dies RESPECT!

Creating the ultimate high five by throwing two dudes at each other and having them collide in midair RESPECT!

Dolphin diving off a cliff and landing in my friend's boat as he drives by being chased by rocket launcher equipped police boats RESPECT!

Catching one of those annoying little rollerblade girls with a clothesline RESPECT!

Setting a hot dog mascot on fire and telling your friend he's a real hot dog now RESPECT!

I found the version 2 to be based on a simpsons type engine and hence it is shit. i am sticking with belec and gay toney.

I'd heard that about the second one, but 3 - whilst not winning any awards for graphics - is on a level with most other things. It's not quite as pretty as GTAIV, but close enough that it's not a big deal while you're piloting your laser tank around killing gimps and blowing up exploding rickshaws.

Back
Top Bottom